Note 8 Touch Screen Going Out

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having serious issues with my touch screen part of my phone(even trying to write this post).I'm wondering but hoping not,that it's starting to go out cause it freezes or dont or wont work.its making it difficult to do anything.I had bought me another phone but had to send it back cause though it stated it was for my carrier, I found out it wasnt.Im thinking I'm going to need a new phone or have to fix it soon.only had this since Feb or March though used.Is there anything I can possibly do to help with my touch screen freezing,staying stuck or just not working at all.its affecting all my apps.I know it's my phone and not the apps,I just dont know why it what's going on with it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try Safe Mode:

• Turn the device off.
  • Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
  • When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  • Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  • Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

If it still happens, it's the screen. You either have to get the screen replaced or get the digitizer (the "touch" part) replaced. Since there's a lot more work replacing the digitizer, even though it's a cheaper part, the price is usually about the same.

If safe mode stops it, it's an app you have installed. Restart to get back to normal mode. Back up all your installed apps (the ones you've added) - App Backup & Restore will do that quickly. Uninstall all your installed apps (it should still be "fixed") then restore them, one by one, checking each time. As soon as the screen starts acting up, the last app you installed is the one causing it. Uninstall that, then restore all the rest.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Screen protector? Glass or plastic? Take it off and test.

I myself because I had a spare peeled off my spigen protector and put on a olixar glass one on last week. Big mistake because as flat it seems to be against the display i am having sensitivity issues and typing and pressing is such a pain now.

Waiting for spigen plastic screen protector to come in from Amazon so that I can rip this glass one off.

If you don't have screen protector on phone and having this issue then... Same issue when you use pen to touch or move around? And again I'd test pen usage without a protector on screen. I say test with pen because within the display panel there is a layer that is for sensing pen activity and want to see if the panel so maybe if touch input is damaged maybe pen input is not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie