Ok. I've been on straight talk for about 3 years. Had a LG Stylo 3 on Verizon towers. A friend of mine gave me a Verizon note 8 and I switched out the sim, changed the apn and only had 3g. I tried the T-mobile ST sim (which didn't work)and now I have several TM apps and my splash screen changed to TM. Only good thing is all the Verizon apps were removed. I put my old ST Verizon sim back in but all the TM apps/splash screen stayed. Any idea how to get rid of them? I finally figured out my only getting 3g problem by switching to a AT&T ST sim and switching to the suggested apn, but the phone didn't brand its self to it like it did with the T mobile sim did.
    07-09-2019 09:26 PM
    Ok. I've been on straight talk for about 3 years. Had a LG Stylo 3 on Verizon towers. A friend of mine gave me a Verizon note 8 and I switched out the sim, changed the apn and only had 3g. I tried the T-mobile ST sim (which didn't work)and now I have several TM apps and my splash screen changed to TM. Only good thing is all the Verizon apps were removed. I put my old ST Verizon sim back in but all the TM apps/splash screen stayed. Any idea how to get rid of them? I finally figured out my only getting 3g problem by switching to a AT&T ST sim and switching to the suggested apn, but the phone didn't brand its self to it like it did with the T mobile sim did.
    Hi, the phone is sim unlocked, which means any sim you put should restart with that carrier apps and splash screen, your APN should go in automatically whichever sim you put .
    07-09-2019 11:04 PM
    Hi, the phone is sim unlocked, which means any sim you put should restart with that carrier apps and splash screen, your APN should go in automatically whichever sim you put .
    Ya I was thinking that but after I put the old sim which is supposed to be a Verizon based sim, it didn't switch anything back. Now I am using a At&t based sim. It didn't switch anything either. And just to clarify, these are all Straight Talk sims.
    07-10-2019 04:42 AM
    The updates aren't coming from ST, though - they're coming from the carrier. As far as anything technical is concerned, ST is only your bookkeeping service. But if the phone is factory unlocked, most of those apps would be in there (like Verizon VM) - except for the TMobile apps, which the phone downloaded and probably don't get disabled by putting in an AT&T SIM.
    07-10-2019 02:42 PM
    The updates aren't coming from ST, though - they're coming from the carrier. As far as anything technical is concerned, ST is only your bookkeeping service. But if the phone is factory unlocked, most of those apps would be in there (like Verizon VM) - except for the TMobile apps, which the phone downloaded and probably don't get disabled by putting in an AT&T SIM.
    It just had me stumped. The tmobile was the only sim to do that and I still really have no idea why. Honestly not really a big deal. Was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue. I'm just glad after 3 weeks on 3g, I was able to find the solution. But thank you for the input
    07-11-2019 06:46 PM
    Ya I was thinking that but after I put the old sim which is supposed to be a Verizon based sim, it didn't switch anything back. Now I am using a At&t based sim. It didn't switch anything either. And just to clarify, these are all Straight Talk sims.
    Not familiar with straight talk sim, but carrier ones will switch
    07-11-2019 07:07 PM