My O365 calendar All-Day events in Samsung calendar are off by 1 day since recent Samsung update

rramdas

Jul 15, 2019
Visit site
I use MS O365 Mail and Calendar and since the recent Samsung update the All-Day events now show as 1 day earlier on my device (S8 Note). Calendar events that straddle 2 or more days have the same problem.

All other events (that are not full day events) are accurate.

I have tried multiple fixes, such as uninstalling and installing my MS Exchange email but still no luck.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're not the only one - we've seen other reports. It's evidently something Samsung did. (It probably has something to do with the way "all day" is interpreted - from 00:00:00, which could be interpreted as the previous day at 24:00:00, or both OS365 Mail and Calendar interpreting "all day" the same way.

There's nothing you can do other than setting an all day event as being an event from 00:00:01 to 23:59:59 - that's unambiguous in any program or database. Other than that, you'll have to wait for a Samsung fix. (It's not Android - my all day events in Windows, Android Calendar and Cozi all show as all day on the correct day with the latest update.)

rramdas

Jul 15, 2019
Visit site
Rukbat,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Earlier today I spent a total of almost 4 hours with Samsung (first via chat then actually speaking with someone) and I agree with you that it is a Samsung issue which hopefully now they will fix. I have a case number so I will follow up with them until this is resolved as I really don't like the alternative Outlook calendar - I wish MS would improve it.

Thanks again!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Rukbat,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Earlier today I spent a total of almost 4 hours with Samsung (first via chat then actually speaking with someone) and I agree with you that it is a Samsung issue which hopefully now they will fix. I have a case number so I will follow up with them until this is resolved as I really don't like the alternative Outlook calendar - I wish MS would improve it.

Thanks again!
I was helping another member with similar situation as yours , turn out they had time zone off , could double check that .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463