Hi,

Noticed over the past 2 weeks my phone has now started to randomly stop responding to touches, and even more rarely, randomly restart.
    When I say stops responding to touches, I dont mean the phone display is frozen, if I'm watching a video for instance, the video and audio will still play, just wont react to any touches, from anywhere between 5-30 seconds and then catch up with my inputs afterwards.

I have tried wiping the phones cache, restarting of course, uninstalling some apps and now I'm operating in safe mode to see if it occurs here (not so far, but as I say it does seem to be rare, seems to happen 1 or 2 times per day)

Any other suggestions or what the possible cause/issue is?

Thanks
    11-09-2019 04:35 AM
    Hi,

Noticed over the past 2 weeks my phone has now started to randomly stop responding to touches, and even more rarely, randomly restart.
    When I say stops responding to touches, I dont mean the phone display is frozen, if I'm watching a video for instance, the video and audio will still play, just wont react to any touches, from anywhere between 5-30 seconds and then catch up with my inputs afterwards.

I have tried wiping the phones cache, restarting of course, uninstalling some apps and now I'm operating in safe mode to see if it occurs here (not so far, but as I say it does seem to be rare, seems to happen 1 or 2 times per day)

Thanks
    What kind of phone is it? And how old?
    11-10-2019 02:16 PM
    Hi,

Thanks
    If it's not happening in safe mode you'll have to check suspect apps and uninstall to problem goes away
    11-10-2019 02:25 PM
    If it's not happening in safe mode you'll have to check suspect apps and uninstall to problem goes away
    Thanks for the reply! I was hoping I could say I fixed it after uninstalling some recent apps and others I didnt use anymore and finding the amazon app store was disabled and re-enabling it, which seemed to be the case for the last few days but encountered it again today.

Weirdly this time I noticed two separate apps stopped responding to touches briefly, but I could still return to the home screen fine do presumed it was just the apps being bad, but a little later I couldn't return to the home screen either for a brief while until all was fine again.

I did try using safe mode for a few hours and didnt encounter it, unfortunately with occurrence of this issue being so rare, like once or twice a day, it's hard to rule out whether being on safe mode didnt cause it, or it simply didnt happen while on safe mode.

If it is due to apps, is there any way to try and nail down which app could be the cause?

Thanks
    11-12-2019 01:05 PM
    Did you install any new apps about 2 weeks ago, when this all started? If so, those apps would be the ones to try uninstalling first.
    11-16-2019 11:25 PM
    I agree with b.diddy see the more recent apps in that time frame
    11-16-2019 11:57 PM