Battery not as good as used to be vs general power useage?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's kind of hard to tell for me, my phone is probably about 1.5 years old as I got it earlier this summer from someone else who'd had it a year, and I'm just wondering how can I tell if the battery is no longer as good, or not. I know games are battery hogs, but I'd think running MSF with Wifi on vs having 4g running would slow down the drain somewhat. Out of idle curiosity, anyone know what the average cost to replace a Note 8 battery is? I miss being able to buy a replacement battery, pop off the back, and bam.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you want to keep the water resistant go to ifixit or Samsung probably be around 150 to 280 you could call them to find out , it will be cheaper at any other 3rd party repair shop but won't have the water resistant .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, I wouldn't recommend that -- you should generally avoid deep discharges of a battery if you can avoid it. Doing that frequently can accelerate a battery's deterioration (and if the previous owner did this frequently, that could be a potential reason for your current battery's state). AccuBattery can give you a more accurate reading of the battery health after multiple charging cycles, so you just have to keep it installed for several days or 1-2 weeks, so that it has more data points.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh, trust me, by running it down some, I mean just let it sit, use it, etc, and when I hit around 50-60% battery then charge it. I NEVER let my phone go that low unless I'm utterly not in a position to charge it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok, go for it. But personally, I'd just use it normally for several days, then run the battery health analysis. It should be able to come up with a good reading by then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol