Battery charge/discharge and USB connection problems

B K

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Two days ago my 15 month old Note 8 stopped charging fully - it now only gets to 92%. I tried to install Better Battery Stats, but the phone does not connect via USB at all, and it's not rooted/JB'ed. The system and "Battery" app report the battery is OK.
I have tried 4 different cables, 2 computers, and 4 USB ports. The phone is unrecognised. I have done a full factory reset.
The battery uses 10% per hour, where 2 days ago it would be about 2%.
Does anyone know if this is a single problem, or 2 coincidentally? Would replacing the battery help? Any other suggestions?
It's a grey import, and I don't want to go to a shop/repairer under our conditions.
Thanks.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long do you leave it on the charger? Does it still only get to 92% after letting it charge overnight?

B K

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, overnight.
Now it's worse. Today it doesn't respond when the charging cable is plugged in. So it looks like it's dead!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you'll probably have to bring it to a repair shop if it's still important to you.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar issue on my Note8. USB-C port no longer accepts either charge or data transfer connection. If I really press the cable into the connector and hold pressure on it at just the right angle, I can get a brief connection, but it won't remain connected. Only way I can recharge is with wireless charger -- that works with no problem.

I have tried cleaning out the USB-C connector with a cotton swab and with compressed air. So far, no joy.

So, charging is not a problem, but I can't update audio content or other files by transferring from my PC.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a similar issue on my Note8. USB-C port no longer accepts either charge or data transfer connection. If I really press the cable into the connector and hold pressure on it at just the right angle, I can get a brief connection, but it won't remain connected. Only way I can recharge is with wireless charger -- that works with no problem.

I have tried cleaning out the USB-C connector with a cotton swab and with compressed air. So far, no joy.

So, charging is not a problem, but I can't update audio content or other files by transferring from my PC.
Hi, sounds like the charger port needs to be replaced, good thing it has wireless charging .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463