Two days ago my 15 month old Note 8 stopped charging fully - it now only gets to 92%. I tried to install Better Battery Stats, but the phone does not connect via USB at all, and it's not rooted/JB'ed. The system and "Battery" app report the battery is OK.
    I have tried 4 different cables, 2 computers, and 4 USB ports. The phone is unrecognised. I have done a full factory reset.
    The battery uses 10% per hour, where 2 days ago it would be about 2%.
    Does anyone know if this is a single problem, or 2 coincidentally? Would replacing the battery help? Any other suggestions?
    It's a grey import, and I don't want to go to a shop/repairer under our conditions.
    Thanks.
    03-21-2020 03:24 AM
    How long do you leave it on the charger? Does it still only get to 92% after letting it charge overnight?
    03-21-2020 01:11 PM
    Yes, overnight.
    Now it's worse. Today it doesn't respond when the charging cable is plugged in. So it looks like it's dead!
    03-21-2020 02:56 PM
    Unfortunately, you'll probably have to bring it to a repair shop if it's still important to you.
    03-21-2020 03:01 PM
    Yup, afraid so! Thanks.

keep safe!
    03-21-2020 03:47 PM
    I have a similar issue on my Note8. USB-C port no longer accepts either charge or data transfer connection. If I really press the cable into the connector and hold pressure on it at just the right angle, I can get a brief connection, but it won't remain connected. Only way I can recharge is with wireless charger -- that works with no problem.

I have tried cleaning out the USB-C connector with a cotton swab and with compressed air. So far, no joy.

So, charging is not a problem, but I can't update audio content or other files by transferring from my PC.
    03-22-2020 11:09 AM
    I have a similar issue on my Note8. USB-C port no longer accepts either charge or data transfer connection. If I really press the cable into the connector and hold pressure on it at just the right angle, I can get a brief connection, but it won't remain connected. Only way I can recharge is with wireless charger -- that works with no problem.

I have tried cleaning out the USB-C connector with a cotton swab and with compressed air. So far, no joy.

So, charging is not a problem, but I can't update audio content or other files by transferring from my PC.
    Hi, sounds like the charger port needs to be replaced, good thing it has wireless charging .
    03-22-2020 11:36 AM