Note 9 cases

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Does the Tech 21 case show a ton of fingerprints?

It’s that shiny slick looking kind of finish but grippy at the same time. So yes, some fingerprints do show some but not a lot and they’re hard to see because of that pattern Tech 21 puts into the Evo Check. I have the smokey dark one so it hides any fingerprints pretty well. Fingerprints on the phone screen or back bother me but I never really had an issue with the Tech 21, it stayed pretty clean for the most part.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Uag plasma.
18229d7a6a28d3a8b7d2e57dce24ebf5.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the Monarch case and that's exactly where I had damage when it flew off my bike but I likely hit some gravel as it landed on a road
Plus it looks like there is little to no protection for the S-Pen corner. If the phone takes a fall and hits that corner there will be damage.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the Monarch case and that's exactly where I had damage when it flew off my bike but I likely hit some gravel as it landed on a road

That seems to be the usual compromise. If it’s easy to access the S pen then it leaves that area of the phone exposed to possible damage if dropped. In looking at the Samsung rugged case that I picked up yesterday, the S pen is easy to access but looks well protected at the same time by the way they designed the cutout. I’ll have to compare it more to the UAG when I get it.

BlueCollarGuy

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
(I did post this in the protector section of the forum but thought I'd post it here since in my case the two are linked issues) Here's my experience with the Otterbox Defender case and Whitestone Dome protector: I installed this on my Note 9 and found the Otterbox Defender case caused the bottom of the protector to lift and crack. I searched the web and found this is an issue with the Otterbox case and the edges need to be sanded/filed down about 3/32 all the way around. (I used a small Rat Tail file for the corners) I did the "Guesstimate" measurement thing and used Blue Tape to make the edge distance I wanted to remove. I filed for a few hours and just kept checking and making adjustments. Now I have about 1/16 heavy gap all the way around. Phone is still held in with no issues but the edge locking it in IS smaller. I will replace my protector next week when time permits. Hope this helps some of you Otterbox Defender users out there.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Lifeproof Next case. Seems like a nice case that seals the entire phone from dust and debris. Good luck getting the phone in without any dust or debris between the back of the phone and clear case. Makes the phone super wide, wider than the Defender and there is a nice little oil slick starting on the back 5 minutes after installing the phone.
Fits perfect with the Zagg Curved glass protector though.
The only thing I like are the sealed ports and S-Pen cover.

I would give this one a pass for $80.00. Here are a few pictures.

lp01.jpglp02.jpglp03.jpglp04.jpglp06.jpglp07.jpglp08.jpglp10.jpg

Last edited:

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Lifeproof Next case. Seems like a nice case that seals the entire phone from dust and debris. Good luck getting the phone in without any dust or debris between the back of the phone and clear case. Makes the phone super wide, wider than the Defender and there is a nice little oil slick starting on the back 5 minutes after installing the phone.
Fits perfect with the Zagg Curved glass protector.
The only thing I like are the sealed ports and S-Pen cover.

I would give this one a pass for $80.00. Here are a few pictures.

No pics?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
What could someone do with imei

Clone my phone & number to a burner and start doing all kinds of bad stuff.

This case is much wider than the Defender but at the same time much skinnier.

This would be a great case if D-Brand made some skins for the back of it.

Pics are up.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Clone my phone & number to a burner and start doing all kinds of bad stuff.

This case is much wider than the Defender but at the same time much skinnier.

This would be a great case if D-Brand made some skins for the back of it.

Pics are up.
Would ya look at those rainbows wow lol

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
80 bucks lol. If you want a clear, protective case you're better off just buying those Defender style clear generic cases they make now you can get cheap and has port covers. I bought some for my Kiosk. I ordered a few for the Note 9. I'm sure you will find them on amazon and ebay soon for about $15 probably.

Here is what I'm talking about. I admit the texture feels great on it and grippy at least for the s7 edge and iphone ones I got. I got the Defender so I won't use one but they seem pretty nice.

https://www.hlcwholesale.com/transp...uty-case-without-clip-for-galaxy-note-9-clear

img_8609.jpg

bleedingwickedly

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Finally got around to checking out some of the cases for my phone I received yesterday. All three seem decent and seem to work great with the amFilm Glass Protector. They offer about the same protection. I use to always use Lifeproof or Otterboxes, but they are too bulky for me. Sorry for photo quality, I used an old iPad.

Tekcoo(green/Black)
Not sure how I feel about the green on a blue phone. But for a generic brand, it seems pretty sturdy. The finger reader is deep.

Ringke(Black/clear)
Really like this one and see a few others talking about it. I like the design.

Caseology Skyfall(blue/clear)
The one I’m currently using. The blue bumper really goes good with the blue note. One complaint, it seems really tight. Not sure what people ment about it being sharp.

I have one other case but I didn’t mess with it. The brand is YouMaker and it has a built in screen protector. I’m also interested in the case that comes in MicroChip gray/ballpoint blue. The user photos I’ve seen of it looked really good. The colors seem to pop better than the stock photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg