Screen protectors

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
So what screen protectors are people getting? I'd like to try a tempered glass protector this time, are there any recommendations?

Also, crazy question, but is it even possible to get a glass screen protector without the vertical strips of glue on the right and left edges? In the past I've found that this sort of ruins the effect of the infinity display.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am literally researching that right now. As big of a fan as I was for UAG cases, I can no longer use their products. My current Note 8 (why I'm moving to the N9) has two sizeable holes in the glass because the phone was dropped (and my luck) landed face side down on a rock which shattered the glass. The phone screen will come on with maybe 3 presses of the power button out of 120.

I'm looking for anything with 360° coverage period. The Spigen Tough Armor case is what I'm looking at now.

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I have always gotten skinomi protectors, but I prefer the film to glass. I'm not rough on my phone however and have practically no wear n tear on mine. I put mine in front and back clear films and then put a rhinoshield bumper on it. Minimal protection.

I know skinomi has a glass front, just 0 input on a personal level

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh, puhlease!The only protector to use is a Whitestone domed tempered glass protector. It is a complicated procedure to apply it, but it is glued over the entire protector, not just the edges, and it's curved. I have used it on my Note 8, and it has saved the screen. (If you need to, it pulls off from your screen pretty easily, and there's no glue residue). I pre-ordered mine already from Mobile Fun, and they should have them on Amazon, too.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I was using a Otterbox Symmetry case on my Note 8 and I dropped my phone from 3 feet down and cracked my screen! If you drop your phone at an angle and hit an object you can crack your screen, no matter what case you use.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I would contact Uag and explain to them what happened. I had a similar experience with Otterbox, and I contacted them and they were very acomdateing!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have always gotten skinomi protectors, but I prefer the film to glass. I'm not rough on my phone however and have practically no wear n tear on mine. I put mine in front and back clear films and then put a rhinoshield bumper on it. Minimal protection.

I know skinomi has a glass front, just 0 input on a personal level

In the past I've used these too, and they're great. But the problem with Note phones is that the S-Pen leaves impressions in the film. Previously I just lived with that, but I want to investigate glass options this time. Especially the cheapo ones on Amazon, since the cost of getting a badly fitting protector is...well, cheap.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
ive had great results with Supershieldz at least 3 times the Supershieldz cracked on drops while the phone glass was saved!

Cool! Got a link to an Amazon page? I searched, but couldn't find anything. Now that unpacked was over, I was hoping there would be more accessories available on Amazon. But that doesn't appear to be the case, sadly.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I may do a screen protector and case. Trying to find one all inclusive though.

Unicorn Beetle; had them on my previous Note 8 and S8 Plus and zero issues with usability or screen sensitivity and they're very well built too... Full protection and they look great to boot

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
On my previous Note 8; I used the amFilm tempered glass screen protector and it worked faultlessly, with no glue lines visible and no sensitivity issues, no clicking either!

I used it with a Unicorn Beetle rugged case (built in screen protector removed) and a few Spigen cases too; against, no issues and no lifting of the screen protector

I'll look out for theirs for the Note 9 if/when they release it

Spoke too soon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Galaxy-Pro...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6301409

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I've always had good luck with the Bodyguardz protectors.

Might order the Zagg glass curve as it's available now.

I may do this. I had the zagg curved eite for note 8 and works great. Never lifts up, great sensitivity and protected when dropped, although zagg cracked, but then free replacement.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Unicorn Beetle; had them on my previous Note 8 and S8 Plus and zero issues with usability or screen sensitivity and they're very well built too... Full protection and they look great to boot

I like the way they look also. When I went to the website, only the N8 was available. Gonna check again. I appreciate the heads up.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Ordered the Zagg. I have it on my Note 8 and it has been good. Has full adhesion throughout and sticks really well. I have used Whitestone in the past and the application is just a PITA.