Screen protectors

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Oh, puhlease!The only protector to use is a Whitestone domed tempered glass protector. It is a complicated procedure to apply it, but it is glued over the entire protector, not just the edges, and it's curved. I have used it on my Note 8, and it has saved the screen. (If you need to, it pulls off from your screen pretty easily, and there's no glue residue). I pre-ordered mine already from Mobile Fun, and they should have them on Amazon, too.
https://youtu.be/_tkrvZgRkHk

Are those case-friendly?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
All right I just ordered the Caseology tempered glass screen protector for $11.99:

http://a.co/d009Ma4

For whatever reason it isn't available via Amazon Prime, but it's cheap and should nonetheless arrive before the Note 9. I'll probably get a 2 pack of Spigen Neoflex screen protectors as a backup in case this doesn't work out, but we'll see how it fares!

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Are those case-friendly?

Yes, they most definitely are. This is an expensive protector, but it is worth it. There are lots of reviews on YouTube, if you want to see. I already ordered one for the Note 9 (they will have them ready for sale in about a week.

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I may do this. I had the zagg curved eite for note 8 and works great. Never lifts up, great sensitivity and protected when dropped, although zagg cracked, but then free replacement.

I had to wait a month for my Zagg Curve Elite when I got the Note 8. However, that thing went on perfectly. The adhesive throughout has been a huge difference maker. I have only dropped my phone once. The protector cracked at the very bottom in 2 spots. This is where the adhesive has played a huge role. The cracked pieces are still sticking and can only be seen if you look closely. The anti-fingerprint coating does it's job extremely well. The edges have not even looked like they were going to lift at all. I have had a Zizo Bolt Series case on my Note 8 pretty much the entire time.

I would like to skip out on a protector for the Note 9 but as good as the Zagg Curve Elite has been, it will be hard not to get another...even if it is expensive.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
No screen protectors for me. Zip, nada. Had my Note 8 since September of last year with nothing on the screen since then. I have no scratches, cracks or anything. So, nope, not for me.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Same here, these screen protectors for the curved screens are terrible even the Whitestone.
No screen protectors for me. Zip, nada. Had my Note 8 since September of last year with nothing on the screen since then. I have no scratches, cracks or anything. So, nope, not for me.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Generally don't use screen protectors but ordered the Whitestone dome to try out. If it fits well and doesn't hinder display quality, touch latency I'm going to keep it on. Will help in resale value few months down the line.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Ordered the Zagg. I have it on my Note 8 and it has been good. Has full adhesion throughout and sticks really well. I have used Whitestone in the past and the application is just a PITA.

Same. Had on my Note 8, never had any lift on edges and no sensitivity issues. Besides great warranty. Cracked mine and just pay shipping and get a new one and then mail back broken one.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I have been using the official Samsung film type screen protector on my s8 due to the glass ones popping off.

I'll certainly look at the glass ones again for the Note 9.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I have been using the official Samsung film type screen protector on my s8 due to the glass ones popping off.

I'll certainly look at the glass ones again for the Note 9.

Never had any issues with the amFilm tempered glass protectors for the Note 8; I'll be going with them again for the Note 9, might order the Whitestone Dome one too as well; but at £30 it's not cheap etc...

The S8 Plus screen protectors were fairly useless; clicking around the edges etc; but as the Note 8/9 has less curved edges, this doesn't happen. Well; it didn't with my Note 8 - case friendly too!

jinxygrrl

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I have never used a glass screen protector (or any screen protector actually), but based on some comments here, I just ordered 2 of them for $0.00. I'll try anything (almost) for free. Thanks!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend tempered glass. It's as close to the "glass feel" of your actual phone screen as you can get without (usually) getting the glue residue or the dreaded rainbow effect/halo. For my Pixel 2, I had a plastic screen protector on it for about three months while I researched a proper tempered glass screen protector. When I finally got one and applied it, the difference between the two types was indescribable. Tempered glass protects better and is longer-lasting/resilient.

I'd recommend getting one that is certified and that is listed as being able to withstand some weight. My specific tempered glass screen protector can apparently withstand 12 pounds - not that I've tested it, but still. 🤣