Screen protectors

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed the whitestone dome on my friend's Note 9 last week and went good, but a bit higher than I wanted to.
Last night I installed mine on my Note 9 and went almost perfect, but have a bubble on the top left curve of the glass...
Ugh!

BlueCollarGuy

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I installed this on my Note 9 and found the Otterbox Defender case caused the bottom of the protector to lift and crack. I searched the web and found this is an issue with the Otterbox case and the edges need to be sanded/filed down about 3/32 all the way around. (I used a small Rat Tail file for the corners) I did the "Guesstimate" measurement thing and used Blue Tape to make the edge distance I wanted to remove. I filed for a few hours and just kept checking and making adjustments. Now I have about 1/16 heavy gap all the way around. Phone is still held in with no issues but the edge locking it in IS smaller. I will replace my protector next week when time permits. Hope this helps some of you Otterbox Defender users out there.

darbebo

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. I'm going to try and put mine in tonight.

no go for me, the caseology temp glass protector cracked after~ 1 week.

I didn't drop the phone and i have a supcase beetle neo case on so it's pretty tough.

And yet the bottom right corner is slightly cracked, i was like WTF. the ONLY thing close to "dropping it was it dropped...maybe 3/4 of a foot to my face cuz i was using it on my bed.... lol

but WTF

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got two caseology screen protectors and 2 of a brand called lk. The caseology one im using is a fingerprint magnet but it fits nicely. Not sure about the lk one yet. I refuse to switch this one because of fingerprints and then risk the lk one sucking. Only good thing is I got them all on sale so if I do decide to waste them , I didn't spend a lot on them.

bleedingwickedly

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Got my phone today finally, ordered on August 10th. AmFilm glass protector went on almost too easy I was really suprised. Seems to be working well. Using it with the Caseology Skyfall?(clear with blue sides). If something ends up going wrong, I’m probably going to get the Whitestone. After watching an installation video, it looks worth the money. Have a few more cases plus some interested in. That MicroChip gray/ballpoint blue one looks much better in user photos over the stock ones. Sorry for the ramble.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Got my phone today finally, ordered on August 10th. AmFilm glass protector went on almost too easy I was really suprised. Seems to be working well. Using it with the Caseology Skyfall?(clear with blue sides). If something ends up going wrong, I’m probably going to get the Whitestone. After watching an installation video, it looks worth the money. Have a few more cases plus some interested in. That MicroChip gray/ballpoint blue one looks much better in user photos over the stock ones. Sorry for the ramble.

Did you get the slick spot on the back of the Skyfall? I did...removed it and washed it....still got a slick spot a bit later. I like the case otherwise.

bleedingwickedly

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Did you get the slick spot on the back of the Skyfall? I did...removed it and washed it....still got a slick spot a bit later. I like the case otherwise.

Unsure what you mean? Seems pretty clear, but it’s only been on for about 6 hrs. It was a pain getting the protective film off the Skyfall. Though that could have been my fault. I left the shipping package in my garage since I received it 2 weeks ago.

Broken Vet

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site

I originally got the black and red Speck, and it looks good, but after seeing a pic of the gray and blue that someone posted on here, I ordered one. It really looks good. I'm very pleased with it.

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I originally got the black and red Speck, and it looks good, but after seeing a pic of the gray and blue that someone posted on here, I ordered one. It really looks good. I'm very pleased with it.
I have the Speck Presidio Grip case too and find it makes the phone very heavy and bulky relative to a TPU one.

CapScarlet

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
When my Note9 arrived at my office yesterday my first priority was to get it home and install the whitestone dome! First attempt failed but 2nd install left a small bubble at the center right of the screen. All things considered it's negligible and I'll live with it! Works very well with the whitestone clear case!!😀😁 The bubble doesn't distract and I'd rather not attempt another reinstall. I'll save that for if my first screen protector breaks from a drop or other unforeseen accident 🙄

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Whitestone domeglass... Such a PITA. I had to squeegee out several small bubbles, and was actually surprised at the ability to do so without messing up the install....BUT, I had the speaker cover at the top a little too low, so the curing phase left it's imprint at the top! It's basically off the main display, but it sticks out clearly. I have the second screen left from the 2 pack, but considering how everything else looks good and how much of a PITA this is, I'm thinking I'm just gonna leave it until it actually were to get damaged. What would you guys do? Would you say screw it and take a chance with the second protector or leave this one which is otherwise perfect??20180906_151341.jpg

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Whitestone domeglass... Such a PITA. I had to squeegee out several small bubbles, and was actually surprised at the ability to do so without messing up the install....BUT, I had the speaker cover at the top a little too low, so the curing phase left it's imprint at the top! It's basically off the main display, but it sticks out clearly. I have the second screen left from the 2 pack, but considering how everything else looks good and how much of a PITA this is, I'm thinking I'm just gonna leave it until it actually were to get damaged. What would you guys do? Would you say screw it and take a chance with the second protector or leave this one which is otherwise perfect??View attachment 289897

If that's a void where the adhesive couldn't go then it might act as a dust trap.

I purchased the same kit as you but from watching other YouTube videos that was one of the main key points to have that sticker just mm's below the speaker grill.

If it was my phone I'd remove that one and apply the 2nd protector.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Been running the caseology for over 2 weeks now and after turning up screen sensitivity it's been mostly good. However you can see the tape lines down the sides and every once in a while I'll hear a click.

I have 2 knock off Whitestone dome screen protectors, but it doesn't have all the special installation tools other than a uv light. Haven't had the time deal with the install and my caseology is working just fine now. Really want to go back a naked screen, but it's still a new phone and I want to keep it that way.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Been running the caseology for over 2 weeks now and after turning up screen sensitivity it's been mostly good. However you can see the tape lines down the sides and every once in a while I'll hear a click.

I have 2 knock off Whitestone dome screen protectors, but it doesn't have all the special installation tools other than a uv light. Haven't had the time deal with the install and my caseology is working just fine now. Really want to go back a naked screen, but it's still a new phone and I want to keep it that way.

I've tried many protectors over time that have the adhesive along the edges and for some of them they were Ok for a short while but then after using them and taking my phone in and out of the holster I wear for work and from my pockets the protector would begin to fail.

On my s8 I ended up using an official film type protector but I realised with the S-Pen on my Note 9 then having the possibility of leaving pen marks with usage I opted for the official WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector 2 pack and so far that's been awesome.

I appreciate what your saying about the install but allowing myself plenty of time and watching a few YouTube tutorials it went smoothly.

Time will tell how it fairs but I'm not prepared to go 'naked' as replacing these phone screens are massively expensive if there damaged from a drop.

The clicking on yours indicates to me that the adhesive may be failing which is the clicking.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
My new 512GB will be here tomorrow unexpectedly and now I need a new screen protector. The one I have on my 128GB is total garbage and I don't want a Whitedome because of the stupid stories I've heard, so I guess I'll be skimming Amazon tonight in hopes of getting one Saturday.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My new 512GB will be here tomorrow unexpectedly and now I need a new screen protector. The one I have on my 128GB is total garbage and I don't want a Whitedome because of the stupid stories I've heard, so I guess I'll be skimming Amazon tonight in hopes of getting one Saturday.

I'd certainly suggest to try different protectors out.

However in the case of the WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protectors to add some balance your mostly seeing the poor outcomes on forums like these which can be also from user error.

I have the WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector on my N9 and it went smoothly.

dafish1

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Took the free Caseology off and installed the Whitestone yesterday. I have the Whitestone on a s8+ but was holding off for a sale since I had the freebies.

Much nicer looking and sensitivity is improved - as good as running naked. The Whitestone is very case friendly. Using the Samsung rugged case with no issues.