Zagg Glass Curve - Full Adhesive or not?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Does the Zagg Glass Curve for the Note 9 have full screen adhesive or only on the edges?

I see in the description: "Glass Curve is our strongest glass protection for curved screens. Smooth, strong, tempered glass adheres fully to your entire screen so your phone responds to every tap and swipe"

I'm skeptical as the Note 8 glass curve 'Elite" was the one with full screen adhesion.

What you think?

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invisibleshield/glass-curve-samsung-galaxy-note9/

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I think they probably discontinued the original (side adhesive only) since it didn't work for so many folks. Also, the pic shows the black border only on top & bottom, and not the skinny black border down the sides.

My N8 has the Zagg HD film on it. Might try the glass this time.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
OK, got the ZAGG curve in today and it only has adhesive on the edges and NOT full screen adhesive as advertised.

I'm going to call ZAGG and raise hell. Maybe they will replace this with their "Elite" protector when it comes out.

I thought that maybe they did away with the elite and were just making the glass curve full screen adhesive but I was wrong. Verizon has the elite as coming in October.

Here's a video where it is confirmed only adhesive on the edges. :(

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
OK, got the ZAGG curve in today and it only has adhesive on the edges and NOT full screen adhesive as advertised.

I'm going to call ZAGG and raise hell. ...

... Here's a video where it is confirmed only adhesive on the edges. :(

Ugh. I received my two a couple of days ago thru BestBuy but haven't opened them yet.

Zagg's site said it is full adhesive. Did you definitely receive a N9 protector? I know the video said edges only also, but I was rather hoping that was maybe a N9 video, dubbed w/N8 audio. :(

"... Glass Curve is our strongest glass protection for curved screens. Smooth, strong, tempered glass adheres fully to your entire screen so your phone responds to every tap and swipe...."

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ass-curve-samsung-galaxy-note9&token=IrCfujGN

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. I received my two a couple of days ago thru BestBuy but haven't opened them yet.

Zagg's site said it is full adhesive. Did you definitely receive a N9 protector? I know the video said edges only also, but I was rather hoping that was maybe a N9 video, dubbed w/N8 audio. :(

"... Glass Curve is our strongest glass protection for curved screens. Smooth, strong, tempered glass adheres fully to your entire screen so your phone responds to every tap and swipe...."

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ass-curve-samsung-galaxy-note9&token=zQy49XOT

Yes, it's the Note 9 glass that I received. I opened the package and you can see the thin adhesive strips along the clear sides only. I did not peel the plastic off as I don't have the phone yet. Definitely not full screen adhesive. I'm going to call ZAGG Monday and see what they have to say.

The full adhesive protectors come with a felt lined squeegee and this one does not have it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have to open mine to check tonight. If they're not full adhesive I'm going to send them back for the Zagg HD vinyl(?) that I have on my N8.

Let me know what you discover?
You can also see the "Dot Matrix" over the display area if you hold it up to the light and look close.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Definitely not full screen adhesive. Why the hell do the same thing as they did with the N8???

I do see the dot matrix. What purpose does that serve?

The dot matrix helps to eliminate any rainbow effect as far as I'm aware.

I'm still looking for an all over adhesive N9 screen glass protector too.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
The edge adhesive only version for my Note 8 pops off easily, I've gone through several replacements after small drops. Very disappointed they haven't improved it for the Note 9! I really want the protection of an added glass layer.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Well that sux. I have the elite for Note 8 and assumed this was same. I got it Friday but never opened it. Guess I will be emailing about elite or returning and getting whitestone.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
.. I'm going to call ZAGG Monday and see what they have to say.
... .

Wondering if you called. I did, at 9:01 this morning, lol. The rep, and then her supervisor had no idea why the website says full screen adhesive and it's not. And if it's not (tho it's certainly priced like it is), why they would repeat what happened with the N8.

He told me that since I bought them at BB I'd have to return them there. But if I decide to keep them obviously I'd have the lifetime warranty, but that he'd note the account that if they add an Elite one like they did for the N9 I could get them as replacements.

Just annoying :/

OmegaSparks

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site

I'm going to call ZAGG and raise hell. Maybe they will replace this with their "Elite" protector when it comes out.

I thought that maybe they did away with the elite and were just making the glass curve full screen adhesive but I was wrong. Verizon has the elite as coming in October.

Here's a video where it is confirmed only adhesive on the edges. :(

https://youtu.be/ib2JgJqycRw?t=1m46s

"raising hell" will get you nothing..thank god that I don't work in customer service anymore..when someone wants to "raise hell", i do the least amount for the customer. No one is there for fits and tantrums.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if you called. I did, at 9:01 this morning, lol. The rep, and then her supervisor had no idea why the website says full screen adhesive and it's not. And if it's not (tho it's certainly priced like it is), why they would repeat what happened with the N8.

He told me that since I bought them at BB I'd have to return them there. But if I decide to keep them obviously I'd have the lifetime warranty, but that he'd note the account that if they add an Elite one like they did for the N9 I could get them as replacements.

Just annoying :/

Sorry, I forgot and did not call them today. I'll call in the morning and report back.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I chatted, rep had no idea about elite. She marked was sending back. Going to get Whitestone I guess. You can get 2 back for same price ($41) on amazon as zagg if you use promo THRIFT30.