Can anyone recommend an actual MIL-SPEC case that has the most protection surrounding the Note 9's screen?
    10-14-2018 02:49 PM
    10-14-2018 02:55 PM
    Yep UAG, I use the Monarch
    10-14-2018 03:49 PM
    When you mean surround do you mean all around the screen or just the top and bottom lip? VERY few cases will give all around protection. Heck, many of the cases claim to be mil spec now.

If you want all around protection around the sides too then I'd go with the Armadillotek case. The only think I hate about it is the built in screen protector, but the sides are raised up above the screen which no other case I could find so far has that feature. All of them leave the sides exposed.

Anyway, with big top and bottom lips I'd go with the Otterbox Defender, UAG Monarch, Samsung Rugged case, Supcase Unicorn Beetle just to name a few. The Defender technically doesn't have the Mil Spec rating, but for max top and bottom lip for screen protection if dropped screen first I would go with the Defender. The top and bottom lip is massive and unless the ground has a big rock, the screen shouldn't come in contact.

The Samsung rugged case is mil spec rated, the lip on the Note 9 version is pretty decent too! I question the side protection on it as it leaves the sides more exposed. If the case was raised a bit more on the sides it would be my daily driver currently then.
    10-14-2018 10:17 PM
    When you mean surround do you mean all around the screen or just the top and bottom lip? VERY few cases will give all around protection. Heck, many of the cases claim to be mil spec now.

If you want all around protection around the sides too then I'd go with the Armadillotek case. The only think I hate about it is the built in screen protector, but the sides are raised up above the screen which no other case I could find so far has that feature. All of them leave the sides exposed.

Anyway, with big top and bottom lips I'd go with the Otterbox Defender, UAG Monarch, Samsung Rugged case, Supcase Unicorn Beetle just to name a few. The Defender technically doesn't have the Mil Spec rating, but for max top and bottom lip for screen protection if dropped screen first I would go with the Defender. The top and bottom lip is massive and unless the ground has a big rock, the screen shouldn't come in contact.

The Samsung rugged case is mil spec rated, the lip on the Note 9 version is pretty decent too! I question the side protection on it as it leaves the sides more exposed. If the case was raised a bit more on the sides it would be my daily driver currently then.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was referring to all around protection, including the sides. I'll have a look at the ArmadilloTek case. I do like the Speck Grip cases, and I'm using one on my phone now, but I saw someone say they dropped their phone with the case on, so that was scary. Other than that, the Defender or UAG Monarch would have to be my other options.
    10-14-2018 11:16 PM