Note 9 Otterbox Defender sharp lip question

CSOReaper

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I currently run a Spigen Tough Armor case on my Note 9. It has a rubber inner case which I like for keeping the phone pristine. I picked up an Otterbox Defender and notice two things.

One, the edges on the inside of the case are very sharp. Could that somehow damage the phone scrating against it?

Two, plastic inner case. Any worries of phone damage from the plastic being subjected to the glass on the phone?

Thanks

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The phone will be fine in the OtterBox.

I used the Defender on my Note 8 last year. The only problem I had was that after taking the case off about 6 times, the rubber got stretched out and no longer fit the phone snuggly. I quit using it about six months ago because of that.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If you notice, the back of that hard plastic has a soft slight cushion to it. I used a Defender on the S8 Plus, S9 Plus, Note 8, Note 9. No scratching issues.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
your phone will not be damaged!! i have used otterbox on all of my phone from the nore 2 and 3, LG V20, and iphon 7+ thru the 8+ to the Note 9, and it has fully protected my device! if the rubber loses its form, all you have to do is go online and use your warranty, pay the shipping and it'll be in your mail in about 7-10 days! i was in a car accident and demolished my phone and the case, went online and had the case in my mailbox brand new!