Whitestone Dome for the Note 9 - How is yours holding up?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you have the Whitestone Dome on you Note 9 please answer these questions. Thanks.

(1) Did it install perfect and bubble free or did you have problems?

(2) How long has it been on your phone?

(3) Have you developed any bubbles or spider web lines along the edges since you installed it?

(4) Any problems with the glue running into your charge port, headphone jack, power/volume buttons ETC during install?

(5) Have you received any scratches to the protector since it's been installed?

Thank for your time. Just not sure if I want to go the Dome route or not.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Following as I'm curious as well. Bought the Note 9 yesterday and within an hour the first thing I bought was the Otterbox Defender and the Whitestone Dome off Amazin Canada. Because the insurance doesn't apply in Canada I've decided to just get the single pack and if there are problems I'll take it off and ask for a refund through Amazon.

saffy77

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, the Whitestone Dome just hasn't been a great experience for me with my Note 9. I have had to replace it a few times using their warranty, which I have to say they've always honoured without any fuss and have sent me a replacement within a couple of days.

On each occasion, though, the glue has produced a webbing effect beneath the glass that spreads after a few days; this has occurred a couple of times along the right-hand edge of the screen, and another time at the very bottom of the screen, just above/parallel to where the speaker is.

I was always extra careful when applying them - I followed each step in the instructions, always checked the surface was level and there was no dust, etc. But all to no avail.

The thing is, I never had this problem with my Note 8. I bought one Whitestone for that and it stayed on for the entire year I had the phone without any of the issues above. So I'm not sure what's changed this time around. Could it be the glue is slightly different? Who knows.

There are plenty of satisfied customers who have bought the Whitestone for their Note 9s and haven't had the same issues as me, so pls don't just take my word for it. I can only offer my own experience, which has not been great.

I'm now using Amfilm protector, which I got on Amazon for just under £10 a couple of months back. It's one of those tempered glass protectors with the adhesive on the sides only, so it doesn't quite have the same level of clarity as the Whitestone does, it probably attracts more fingerprint smudges too and, given the adhesive is on the sides only, runs the risk of dust creeping in under the screen at some point (not that I've seen anything yet!), but it will have to do for now as I'm not rich enough to keep ordering from Whitestone.

If you go for Whitestone, I hope you have the perfect install. Just take your time and don't rush.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
If you have the Whitestone Dome on you Note 9 please answer these questions. Thanks.

(1) Did it install perfect and bubble free or did you have problems?

(2) How long has it been on your phone?

(3) Have you developed any bubbles or spider web lines along the edges since you installed it?

(4) Any problems with the glue running into your charge port, headphone jack, power/volume buttons ETC during install?

(5) Have you received any scratches to the protector since it's been installed?

Thank for your time. Just not sure if I want to go the Dome route or not.

1.) Yes, bubble free without issue.

2.) Installed since early September 2018.

3.) No issues whatsoever.

4.) Same as #3 , while installation use the provided stickers to avoid any glue running into the earpiece.

5.) Still no scratches or cracks, looks brand new.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Following as I'm curious as well. Bought the Note 9 yesterday and within an hour the first thing I bought was the Otterbox Defender and the Whitestone Dome off Amazin Canada. Because the insurance doesn't apply in Canada I've decided to just get the single pack and if there are problems I'll take it off and ask for a refund through Amazon.

I also use the WhiteStone and Defender but use the Defender Pro and per others direction I purchased a cheap handheld rotary tool kit and shaved some plastic off the top and bottom of the inner shell because it could potentially come in contact with the WhiteStone glass and raise it up.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I also use the WhiteStone and Defender but use the Defender Pro and per others direction I purchased a cheap handheld rotary tool kit and shaved some plastic off the top and bottom of the inner shell because it could potentially come in contact with the WhiteStone glass and raise it up.
Not sure if there is a size difference in the Defender and the Pro but I got the non Pro and the fit is exact. Both the sides and top/bottom are a perfect fit without any overlap nor is there any gap either. This has to be the best fit between case and screen protector I have ever seen in a smartphone.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Insurance for phone or dome glass?

Calvinwiii

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site

I never found out. First attempt at installation failed due to my error....i missed the removavle protective sheet, i noticed when i tried to drop the screen in the mouting frame, but too late....too much adheasive had already transfered to the throw away film.

It was a mess to clean up, but doable.

Second time i was following the instructions correctly. Adhesive was on the phone when i noticed a hair in the screen protector. In the few seconds it took me to clean the protectoer, the adhesive ran off the side of the phone.

I wrote the manufacturer requesting an additional adhesive, but never recieved a response

AGC8

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if there is a size difference in the Defender and the Pro but I got the non Pro and the fit is exact. Both the sides and top/bottom are a perfect fit without any overlap nor is there any gap either. This has to be the best fit between case and screen protector I have ever seen in a smartphone.

I wanted to know this as I bought the some version Defender case you did. only thing holding me back is the cost.

I couldn't even find the PRO version. what's the difference? Does the pro version come with a screen protector?

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
) Did it install perfect and bubble free or did you have problems? No problem, a little scary, but follow instructions, works very well

(2) How long has it been on your phone? 5 months

(3) Have you developed any bubbles or spider web lines along the edges since you installed it? No issues

(4) Any problems with the glue running into your charge port, headphone jack, power/volume buttons ETC during install? No issues, bought a light on ebay, solid install and easy clean up.

(5) Have you received any scratches to the protector since it's been installed? using LED flip cover, no scratches.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Installed the Dome and it went on perfect except for one tiny bubble on the lower right curved edge. :'(

Do you this this bubble will get bigger or cause trouble over time?

bubble01.jpg

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I wanted to know this as I bought the some version Defender case you did. only thing holding me back is the cost.

I couldn't even find the PRO version. what's the difference? Does the pro version come with a screen protector?

The only difference be tween the Pro version and the regular is that the OtterArmor Microbial Defense protects against common germs on the Pro model, per the Otterbox website

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE to my two previous posts. Initial installation was perfect and the Otterbox Defender fit perfect. Yesterday I took the Otterbox Defender off for a while and after reinstalling it I noticed that on the bottom edge it has some bubbling or what might better be described as cracking of the liquid under the screen. I can press out most of it but as soon as I release the pressure, the cracking affect comes back again. Kinda disappointed

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE to my two previous posts. Initial installation was perfect and the Otterbox Defender fit perfect. Yesterday I took the Otterbox Defender off for a while and after reinstalling it I noticed that on the bottom edge it has some bubbling or what might better be described as cracking of the liquid under the screen. I can press out most of it but as soon as I release the pressure, the cracking affect comes back again. Kinda disappointed

Does the front face frame of the defender case hit the dome glass at all?

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Does the front face frame of the defender case hit the dome glass at all?

Right after the initial install it didn't however it certainly looks like when I reapplied the Defender it must have pushed the botton of the screen protector up causing the adhesive to "crack" under the screen along the bottom. I had an extra adhesive so I removed the screen protector and as per the instructions tried to remove the old adhesive before trying to reapply. This turned out to be a total disaster and the Dome cracked while trying to remove the adhesive. I'm going to be updating my review on Amazon to a much lower rating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira