Use Glass with Case

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a VZW kickstand case with offers zero screen protection. I wonder if a glass screen protector will fit inside the case?

Thanks!

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure because i'm not familiar with that case, but i know that on most tempered glass protectors, it's cut ti work with most cases.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure because i'm not familiar with that case, but i know that on most tempered glass protectors, it's cut ti work with most cases.
Thanks for answering. I ended up with a Zagg glass protector. It doesn't interfere with my case but longevity is its weakness according to reviews. VZW guy couldn't get it in without bubbles so I had Zagg booth guy put it on.

My biggest problem now is finding a horizontal belt holster that it fits. Most are too small. Some are too large. None are just right. Such a waste of money trying random holsters from ebay funding none that fit well.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for answering. I ended up with a Zagg glass protector. It doesn't interfere with my case but longevity is its weakness according to reviews. VZW guy couldn't get it in without bubbles so I had Zagg booth guy put it on.

My biggest problem now is finding a horizontal belt holster that it fits. Most are too small. Some are too large. None are just right. Such a waste of money trying random holsters from ebay funding none that fit well.

I have 4 cases that i use, Otterbox Defender, the samsung flip case (least favorite), a wallet case i purchased from Amazon that's pretty nice, and the mophie battery case. the otterbox is my go-to because of the belt clip. but it works well with the Zagg tempered glass that i have on now.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I like and use belt clips made by Encased. They're available on Amazon and offer sizes to work with most cases. Personally I use a UAG Monarch case and have the Encased belt clip made for the OtterBox Symmetry case, works perfect. If you prefer the pouch style belt holster, they make those as well.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! You're like me. I'll end up with 10 cases and holsters

I'm the same way with a case addition. I also like to have some sort of clip but it was impossible to have something to carry every case for every phone until I found the Skinth. https://skinthsolutions.com/product/trail-blazer/ I carry a lot of stuff with me and the Skinth has been going strong for a few years now with over a dozen phones in that time. Cost up front is a bit pricey but when you take in to account that you don't have to buy another clip or holder it's well worth it.

As for your original questions about the glass screen protector, I've put a lot of money in to the Whitestone Dome but I won't buy it again. First time bought the full kit and the glue started to crack around the edges after about 3 days. Tried to take it off and reapply but the glass broke taking it off. Opted to get the replacement kit without the UV light, install was perfect then the glue cracked in 2 corners within 15 minutes of applying. It's a beautiful screen protector and I'm sure it would work great in a drop, but if you're somebody that demands a flawless application that remains that way, in my opinion, the Dome isn't for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21