I performed a search, but, couldn't find something specific in the Note 9 forum. So...

Are any of you using the Note 9, without a case?
    On Saturday, I purchased my Note 9, and still have the plastic on mine. Merely awaiting my case to be delivered today. Alas, I was curious if others use it without a case.

Back in the day, using my BlackBerry BOLD 9900, it was great to not have a case.
    Yes, I know the BOLD did not have a glass back. But, I am beginning to wonder if the manufactures of smartphones, merely make devices with glass backs to allow vendors to make cases (besides offering wireless charging). Thus helping the economy and consumer spending...
    07-15-2019 06:42 AM
    I performed a search, but, couldn't find something specific in the Note 9 forum. So...

Are any of you using the Note 9, without a case?
    On Saturday, I purchased my Note 9, and still have the plastic on mine. Merely awaiting my case to be delivered today. Alas, I was curious if others use it without a case.

Back in the day, using my BlackBerry BOLD 9900, it was great to not have a case.
    Yes, I know the BOLD did not have a glass back. But, I am beginning to wonder if the manufactures of smartphones, merely make devices with glass backs to allow vendors to make cases (besides offering wireless charging). Thus helping the economy and consumer spending...
    I believe it was because the reviewers who bashed Samsung every time they made a plastic phone. The internet began to echo tbe sentiment, and by the time the S5 rolled around, Samsung sales were starting to dip. With the biggest complaint being the bloated skin and the 'cheap construction'. Then the S6 Edge was such a hit, even winning design of the year award and such. So other manufacturers followed. Today, even phones with no wireless charging sometimes come with glass backs.
    07-15-2019 08:14 AM
    I hate glass backs. I've dropped my Note 9 twice already so I don't dare go nude. I'd love to because it is big enough without a bulky case.

I wish they would use plastic and call it carbon fiber. People like the sound of carbon fiber.
    07-15-2019 10:50 AM
    I hate glass backs. I've dropped my Note 9 twice already so I don't dare go nude. I'd love to because it is big enough without a bulky case.

I wish they would use plastic and call it carbon fiber. People like the sound of carbon fiber.
    Yeah. I mean Samsung bought a carbon fiber manufacturing plant a few years back. It's going to cost them less than other companies. Built it out of plastic with a thin carbon fiber cover.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-15-2019 06:26 PM