Upgrade

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you all seen the latest iPhone 12 price leaks? I'm looking to upgrade to the Note 20 Ultra upon release from the Note 9. What do you all think Samsung will do as far as pricing, considering the pandemic and iPhone 12 leaked prices?

tireboy66

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So anything apple is a huge NO..I would either stick with the s20 or the note 9.. I have a 9 myself.. and its fantastic..

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what Samsung will do as far as pricing is concerned... But you never know what will happen! I'm sure we will get answers soon! Maybe Samsung will sell it as a similar price to Apple, or maybe they will go with something different. Unfortunately, only time will tell... :(.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My Note 9 continues to run exceedingly well. Will have OS updates through Jan/Feb + 2021 and some more years of security updates. I had a new battery installed a few months ago and if I need another battery, so be it. Carrying Verizon extended warranty and if I need another Note 9, and they don't have it, which has happened before, they'll send me a Note 10. I don't chase new phones and I'm in the mode that Samsung needs to have available more OS update years that come with the phones. If I have to move to iOS after all these years on Android, so be it. I will not buy a direct Chinese phone, that's for certain.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Note 9 continues to run exceedingly well. Will have OS updates through Jan/Feb + 2021 and some more years of security updates. I had a new battery installed a few months ago and if I need another battery, so be it. Carrying Verizon extended warranty and if I need another Note 9, and they don't have it, which has happened before, they'll send me a Note 10. I don't chase new phones and I'm in the mode that Samsung needs to have available more OS update years that come with the phones. If I have to move to iOS after all these years on Android, so be it. I will not buy a direct Chinese phone, that's for certain.
Note 9 is a great device and should run well for awhile.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
What's a "Chinese direct phone" ?

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Note 20 is gonna be stupid expensive.

I absolutely love my Note 9 but one thing I've learned is curved edges with a pen really suck.
I wont be buying another Note product with curved edges.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site

It's too bad Samsung has been clinging to curved edges ever since the S6 Edge.

They did offer some flat screen phones here and there. I don't know all their mid rangers but as far as flagships go, I believe the S10e was the first one since the S7/Note 7/FE

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's too bad Samsung has been clinging to curved edges ever since the S6 Edge.

They did offer some flat screen phones here and there. I don't know all their mid rangers but as far as flagships go, I believe the S10e was the first one since the S7/Note 7/FE

The S10e was on my shortlist and I loved its flat-screened look. I love my S10 but that curved screen and screen protector shopping = bad combo. 🤣😬

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
The S10e was on my shortlist and I loved its flat-screened look. I love my S10 but that curved screen and screen protector shopping = bad combo.
The S10e was the one really compelling phone from Samsung in years in my book, and now even that is too much to ask lol

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to agree, I've been looking at the S20 Plus and Ultra but the prices are STUPID!!! My Note 9, like a lot of you, has been (knock, knock, knock) running flawlessly and serving me very well, so why even think about spending money when there's no need to, especially these days? So just keep on truckin', Note 9! Everyone, stay safe!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to agree, I've been looking at the S20 Plus and Ultra but the prices are STUPID!!! My Note 9, like a lot of you, has been (knock, knock, knock) running flawlessly and serving me very well, so why even think about spending money when there's no need to, especially these days? So just keep on truckin', Note 9! Everyone, stay safe!

You're right - why pay extra when you have something awesome that works so well?

Thank you - you stay safe, too! :)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Note 20 is gonna be stupid expensive.

I absolutely love my Note 9 but one thing I've learned is curved edges with a pen really suck.

My OL has a Note 9.

She has never complained about the curved edges bothering her .
Maybe you need to change phone cases.

The curved edges was one of the new things for Samsung.
Looks like the curved edges could help keep the screen from getting broken if dropped.

I have a note 10+.

It has curved edges too.
Now you got me to worrying.
I've got the wrong phone too.
I never noticed it before.

What am I gonna do.
I had considered the new note 20 later this yr.
Maybe I better rethink things.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
look.at the rounded edge and the case at a angle..

You can see from across the screen..
The case leaves a little more protection if you accidentally dropped the phone.

And i have gotten to where I drop my phone with the spigen tough armor case a lot.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
My OL has a Note 9.

She has never complained about the curved edges bothering her .
Maybe you need to change phone cases.

The curved edges was one of the new things for Samsung.
Looks like the curved edges could help keep the screen from getting broken if dropped.

I have a note 10+.

It has curved edges too.
Now you got me to worrying.
I've got the wrong phone too.
I never noticed it before.

What am I gonna do.
I had considered the new note 20 later this yr.
Maybe I better rethink things.

My complaint with the curved edges has nothing to do with a case or how easy the screen is to break.

It has to do with using the PEN on a curved screen. It sucks anytime your pen gets near an edge especially when doing things like screen grabs, cut and paste, etc....

Also try not to be a condescending ahole, it just makes you look stupid.