I went into my gallery to change wallpapers, but noticed that Mt backgrounds folder (on the card) was missing. I went into storage settings, and it said my card was unmounted. I tapped Mount and it did so. I was able to get to my folders.

I never unmounted the card. Is this the beginning of the end for my year and a half old card? I know these things have the durability of toys...
    05-10-2020 04:40 AM
    I went into my gallery to change wallpapers, but noticed that Mt backgrounds folder (on the card) was missing. I went into storage settings, and it said my card was unmounted. I tapped Mount and it did so. I was able to get to my folders.

I never unmounted the card. Is this the beginning of the end for my year and a half old card? I know these things have the durability of toys...
    I would get that card backed up while you can and replace it before you lose everything. Mine started doing that and one day decided it needed to be reformatted to use it. I lost everything on it.
    adegbenroagoro and B. Diddy like this.
    05-10-2020 08:44 AM
    Yes, I agree with kixfan. SD cards can fail without notice, so if you keep anything important on your card, make sure it's always backed up or synced somewhere else as well on a regular basis.

If this keeps happening, then I'd start to wonder about the SD slot/reader itself.
    jameny5 likes this.
    05-11-2020 02:15 AM