Security patch for April or May?

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone on the note 9 for T-Mobile received a security patch for April or May? I just checked again and I'm still on March 1st security patch. Thanks

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked Note 9 that I'm using on Sprint. I've had the April 1 security patch for a while, and just now I received notice that the May 1 update was available, so I just downloaded and installed it. I know you asked about T-Mobile, but since the thread title isn't specific, I thought I'd share my Note 9's current status.
Screenshot_20200515-151722_Settings.jpg

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me when the new patch will be released?
It's up to the carrier. No one outside of the carrier would know. Even their own customer service people don't know (usually putting it back on the OEM if you ask) until the day the tech division releases it.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone on the note 9 for T-Mobile received a security patch for April or May? I just checked again and I'm still on March 1st security patch. Thanks

I just got the April security patch about 12 hrs ago. It's been installed and my cache partition has been cleared.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Could be Worse... I'm with AT&T and still sitting with the February Patch. Sigh....

I don't understand what's going on with your phone Brad - the AT&T April Security Patch has been out since the 28th of April but your phone just does not seem to want to update for some reason?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what's going on with your phone Brad - the AT&T April Security Patch has been out since the 28th of April but your phone just does not seem to want to update for some reason?
He's having the same issue I've been having since my s8 and it's ongoing with my n9 and n10. I thought I was a unicorn and I was the only one dealing with this. Lol

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
He's having the same issue I've been having since my s8 and it's ongoing with my n9 and n10. I thought I was a unicorn and I was the only one dealing with this. Lol

Wow - three different phones... I'd be ripped! That sounds like an AT&T Network issue down in your area! "Hi" btw, sweetypie, how are you? - Haven't talked to you in forevah! (typed Boston accent) :cool:

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow - three different phones... I'd be ripped! That sounds like an AT&T Network issue down in your area! "Hi" btw, sweetypie, how are you? - Haven't talked to you in forevah! (typed Boston accent) :cool:
Actually, on the AT&T support forums, it seems to be a more common problem than it should. For the past year, there have been posts almost every day from people not getting updates since getting their phone. Most are S9, Note 9, S10 and Note 10 series phones. Some S8s too. They call AT&T CS, who say the update will be pushed but never does.

It's a significant number that points to something on AT&T's end since these were all AT&T branded and purchased phones, on AT&T service.

Some have had to go to a UbreakIfix store and get the update flashed there.

I've been lucky with my S8 and S9 getting security and OS updates.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Idk what it is. I thought maybe Best Buy messed up something on my account when I got my s8, but I got the n9 from Att and the n10 directly from Samsung and still the same issue. Att customer service and tech support is no help whatsoever.Luckily though I'm able to Odin the updates with the help of Ruben and Mustang. No one should have to do that though.

I have been fine. I've just been hanging out in the n10 forums . I just came in this forum to see if there were any updates I missed since I haven't used my n9 in a while. How have you been ?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Idk what it is. I thought maybe Best Buy messed up something on my account when I got my s8, but I got the n9 from Att and the n10 directly from Samsung and still the same issue. Att customer service and tech support is no help whatsoever.Luckily though I'm able to Odin the updates with the help of Ruben and Mustang. No one should have to do that though.

I have been fine. I've just been hanging out in the n10 forums . I just came in this forum to see if there were any updates I missed since I haven't used my n9 in a while. How have you been ?

We're good... bored as hell! I just turned 70 and Patti, 65 in March (we had our 25th Wedding Anniversary yesterday and had an upstate NY camping trip cancelled due to Covid-19) so the Governor of MA is adamant about us "old folk" still staying inside (as much as possible)!!! We get out for walks and stuff but... it's just not the same with this thing! Depressing!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
We're good... bored as hell! I just turned 70 and Patti, 65 in March (we had our 25th Wedding Anniversary yesterday and had an upstate NY camping trip cancelled due to Covid-19) so the Governor of MA is adamant about us "old folk" still staying inside (as much as possible)!!! We get out for walks and stuff but... it's just not the same with this thing! Depressing!
Aww I'm sorry about yall being stuck inside and not being able to go on your trip. I know it sucks. Happy belated anniversary to you both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol