New S-Pen not pairing

Roadhog360

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
I accidentally broke my old S-Pen, so I got a new one online. It can interact with the screen, has a cursor when it is above the screen, securely locks in the phone and is able to interact with and draw on my screen. But when I try pairing it for the remote functionality, it fails. Every time. Connecting for a really long time and then it just fails. It is a Note 9 pen, for my Galaxy Note 9 phone.

I've tried re-inserting it, blowing into the pen slot and restarting the phone, nothing has worked. How can I get this new S-Pen paired up? Thanks.

Last edited:

Roadhog360

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
The seller has thousands of positive ratings and sales, with 719 positive ratings to 5 negative ones in the documented period, with two not even explaining what was wrong and the other three saying what could have very well been shipping damage, so I made sure before I bought it. The pen was completely clean and new, it couldn't have been used at all, the metallic part is a fingerprint magnet and scratches would be obvious on it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The seller has thousands of positive ratings and sales, so I made sure before I bought it. The pen was completely clean and new, it couldn't have been used at all, the metallic part is a fingerprint magnet and scratches would be obvious on it.
Gotcha, I couldn't tell by the link

Roadhog360

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
Gotcha, I couldn't tell by the link

Looks like safe mode didn't work. Can a defective pen really refuse to connect but still be used on the screen like this one?
The slot was empty for the time in between me breaking my old pen and getting a new one, should I try cleaning the slot? How could I do that?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looks like safe mode didn't work. Can a defective pen really refuse to connect but still be used on the screen like this one?
The slot was empty for the time in between me breaking my old pen and getting a new one, should I try cleaning the slot? How could I do that?
Try cleaning the slot if still no luck try asking for replacement from where u got it

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I watch carefully is the phraseology used in any ad these days. "Replacement" is a key word that concerns me in any ad. Not all replacements are created equal. You could very well have gotten a "replacement" that works with the screen, but may not actually be a real S-Pen. I always look for "Original" or "OEM," and still may not get a perfect unit. The amount of counterfeit items can be stunning. Caveat Emptor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670