Work Profile Call or Voice Chat Bug. Need help, please!

zzahkaboom24

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos) with the EvolutionX Rom 4.3 from their official Site. My Problem is regardless If I am using Island or Shelter as soon as I am in a Fall or a voice Chat Like Houseparty or Zoom my audio Output and my Mikro Input goes through my internal speakers and Mikro Not through my external Headphones which have a Mikro integrated. My Android Version is 10 Q and is there a possibility Info forcing my Sound through another Output or Something similar? I am Open to Many ways i May read and No Soundabout is Not Working in Android 10 lesser Audioswitch is also Not working. Sorry for my bad Englisch and my Keyboard tried to autocorrect almost every Word.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When you start mixing 3rd-party ROMs and work profiles, you start getting into one of the reasons many workplaces won't allow non-standard devices to be used in their environments. I'd start with the ROM, maybe see if anyone else in that community is seeing similar issues.

zzahkaboom24

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
I looked Up every Page in xda from my Rom and i found nothing. IS IT Not possible Doing Something so my sound finally comes Out from my Headphones while being in a voice Chat? I mean when i am Not in a voice Chat my sound Plays perfectly through my Headphones.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I guess the main question - did it work before moving to the 3rd-party ROM? You now have a very specific configuration - Exynos Note 9, EvolutionX ROM, work profile and specific video/chat apps. In the browsing of those posts did you come across anyone else with the exact same setup but with it working?

I'm not sure what Island and Shelter are. Are these features of that ROM or some other app you're using?

zzahkaboom24

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
Island or Shelter are Apps that are using the Android for Work Feature for isolating Other Apps from the "Mainland" when being Cloned. Because of samsungs secure Folder restrictions you are Not able to make Those Apps Run without a Manual adb and Root way which is only doable in Island right now. I saw Nobody mentioning this issue in any Site ive looked so far and thats why i am trying to get Help Here If possible.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Interesting - my Android for Work setup (with work profile) doesn't use those apps for making a separate version of apps for the work profile. The MDM (mobile device management) system sets that up and the admin makes available the apps that they want us to have access to in the work profile. Of course- I don't have a Samsung, I have a Pixel 2 XL.

You missed an important question - had you tried this before installing the ROM and did it work then?

zzahkaboom24

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
No i didnt because Like i Said i was unable to. But on Other devices its also Happening. Also i dont have an Administrator for it. I Set Up this app all by myself