Hi all,

I am on a SM-N960U1 Note 9 with a T-mobile sim card. Like the title says, my vpn status button is greyed out. It is in the on position but I can't change it. I use adguard & tried to remove it but no change. I had to do a factory reset & this showed up since I did this. Any help would be appretiated.

Pat
    06-10-2020 11:49 AM
    Hi,
    Try uninstall the VPN and reinstall again?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    06-10-2020 11:53 AM
    Hi,
    Try uninstall the VPN and reinstall again?
    Tried that. No luck. May be related to the last update I got last week. Got another more vexing problem but I will start a new thread. Thanks.
    06-12-2020 09:28 PM
    Tried that. No luck. May be related to the last update I got last week. Got another more vexing problem but I will start a new thread. Thanks.
    Maybe put in safe mode ? What other issue? Maybe causing this . Your welcome!
    06-12-2020 09:37 PM
    Maybe put in safe mode ? What other issue? Maybe causing this . Your welcome!
    Haven't tried safe mode. Will give that a try. The other problem is when i get a notification from gmail, yahoo mail or my messaging, the screen no longer wakes for a few seconds. It always has before last week. I get the notification sound & the LED lights up no no screen waking up.
    06-12-2020 09:49 PM
    Haven't tried safe mode. Will give that a try. The other problem is when i get a notification from gmail, yahoo mail or my messaging, the screen no longer wakes for a few seconds. It always has before last week. I get the notification sound & the LED lights up no no screen waking up.
    Might need to reset the app preference in settings , just type in search bar in setting app preference and it will reset all apps including disable will be enable again, also make sure you not using DND.

See how the greyed out VPN is in safe mode if same go setting>dear bar at top and type device administrator see if anything there besides find my phone and deactivate it
    06-12-2020 09:53 PM