No Sound Notifications in Messages+?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out why I'm not getting sound alerts to new text messages. I had to do a FR a couple of days ago and I don't think I've gotten an alert since. Here is a screen shot of Messages+ in Notifications. Where else can I check? I'm sure I'm going to feel like an ***** when someone tells me what I'm doing wrong :eek:

Screenshot_20200625-160747_Settings.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about visual, sound or both?
Did you look in both the notifications through settings and the app itself?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried setting a different notification sound for it? I have some tones that are so subtle as to be missed easily, and that has happened to me a few times in the past.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I cleared the cache but didn't want to clear data as it would remove all my text messages and I use texting for booking jobs for our designers.
I clear data and cache on my stock message app and it repopulate the texts back , but your choice

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
It's not working for my Google Message app. I have been checking my settings to see what the problem could be. I haven't found a solution. It is driving a lot of people crazy. I see a lot of comments when I did a Google search and some folks can not figure this out. People need to hear the notification sound to reply to their texts. Some are getting calls saying is something wrong with their phone because they didn't respond to their texts.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's not working for my Google Message app. I have been checking my settings to see what the problem could be. I haven't found a solution. It is driving a lot of people crazy. I see a lot of comments when I did a Google search and some folks can not figure this out. People need to hear the notification sound to reply to their texts. Some are getting calls saying is something wrong with their phone because they didn't respond to their texts.
What have you tried?

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
I've been checking my settings. I also sent an email to the developer to see if there was a fix. There is not much I can do. I know a lot of people are having this problem with Google Messages. I have read up on it making sure I don't have Do Not Disturb on. I also reset my apps. I can get the text message in the notification bar but no notification sound is heard. I guess that is better than nothing.

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
I gave up and disabled messages and reinstalled messages+ from Verizon. I can hear the notification sound and see text messages in the notification bar. If Google fixes those issues I will enable the app again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I gave up and disabled messages and reinstalled messages+ from Verizon. I can hear the notification sound and see text messages in the notification bar. If Google fixes those issues I will enable the app again.
In Google message app, long press it >tap info>notification >tap new message show me your scree shot? Screenshot_20200704-002633_Settings.jpeg

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
I had already disabled messages. There is not that much of a difference between Verizon and Googles messaging app. Although Verizon's is very colorful. The difference s between the two are minimal. I'll live with one app not being controlled by Google. They have a stranglehold on our information as is.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had already disabled messages. There is not that much of a difference between Verizon and Googles messaging app. Although Verizon's is very colorful. The difference s between the two are minimal. I'll live with one app not being controlled by Google. They have a stranglehold on our information as is.
Cool, whenever u like to try it again you'll have this to fall back on

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you want to try something different not from Google or Verizon, then another good app is Textra. That's what I've been using for years with Moto, LG and Samsung devices. It always gives me notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae