Please Help Me STOP THE MADNESS! Phantom Notification Alerts!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
First, I HATE the Verizon alert/chime so I would never use it as a notification. Second, there is nothing listed in the notification pull down shade that tells me what this is. Third, it is now going off about every 5 to 10 minutes. And now I'm hearing it while talking on my phone. The other person can't hear it (or didn't hear it). The only way I know to stop from hearing it, is to put my phone on mute :eek: It started this a few weeks ago but it wasn't chiming as often as it is now. I've looked under settings/notifications...nothing there that should be doing this. I've restarted my phone. Where else can I look?
Thanks

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
OK, it may be a Verizon App that doesn't leave a notification in your shade. Have you checked the Notifications Settings tool in your? Notification shade? It shows the apps that have actually sent recent notifications. I need to look up, there's an app you can install, but I can't remember the name of it, it tells you everything your system recently used.

Screenshot_20200716-201207_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200716-201644_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Download Samsung nice catch , and toast source see if it can lead us to where its coming from

Edit:

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Download Samsung nice catch , and toast source see if it can lead us to where its coming from

Edit:

Looks like I found the culprit...
It seems to have stopped now. I uninstalled an app ( Edge Lighting Colors-Round Colors Galaxy). I thought it was an addition to the Edge Lighting on the phone. It's not. I can't image what made it play the Verizon Alert chime every 5-10 minutes (without the app being used) but since I've uninstalled it, the chime has stopped AND my battery life is back to normal.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looks like I found the culprit...
It seems to have stopped now. I uninstalled an app ( Edge Lighting Colors-Round Colors Galaxy). I thought it was an addition to the Edge Lighting on the phone. It's not. I can't image what made it play the Verizon Alert chime every 5-10 minutes (without the app being used) but since I've uninstalled it, the chime has stopped AND my battery life is back to normal.
Glad to hear that , not sure why it play the Verizon sound but at least got to the bottom of it . Your welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis