Help! Turned on my Note 9 it's blank

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Turned on my phone and all screens are blank... Completely blank. No clock, no Google, no anything except the 4 things on the bottom got phone, contacts,... What happened? I deleted nothing...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to power the phone off normally so that you can reboot? If not, then to force a shutdown, press and hold Power and Vol Down together for about 20 seconds.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's a glitch in the last T-Mobile security update. I am ticked. I Googled and found lots of people with blank screens.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Oops... Posted above. I found it is an issue with T-Mobiles last update..
Are you able to power the phone off normally so that you can reboot? If not, then to force a shutdown, press and hold Power and Vol Down together for about 20 seconds.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
All my home screens were blank. I could get to my apps by swiping up. It was after the security update other people have the same issue. All their home screens were empty. T-Mobile and Samsung kept passing the buck to each other. Said to try the usual troubleshooting which of course did not work. So I had to resort to rebuilding my home screens and adding everything back on them.
Im sorry , not understanding how did you do this with blank screen?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
All my home screens were blank. I could get to my apps by swiping up. It was after the security update other people have the same issue. All their home screens were empty. T-Mobile and Samsung kept passing the buck to each other. Said to try the usual troubleshooting which of course did not work. So I had to resort to rebuilding my home screens and adding everything back on them.
Ahh ok gotcha, I thought it deleted everything and was frozen

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like something with the update caused the One UI launcher's data to be cleared. @mustang7757, remind me, is there a way to back up the One UI homescreen setup in Samsung Cloud?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy