Onedrive frozen pop-up

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So first I was getting that my OneDrive couldn't sync because I was out of space. Now I keep getting a pop up saying my account is frozen and everything is getting deleted in November.

I ordered the s22 ultra that should be here next week. Are things synced to the onedrive that I'm going to need to safely transfer things over to my new phone? I remember quite a while back something stopped being automatically stored with Samsung or something. Does anyone recall? Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If I were in your position, I would try to go to your cloud backup on a desktop/laptop and download everything to a zip file. This at least gives you a backup for everything there.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I remember something about Samsung stating they were going to be stopping their own cloud storage for their Samsung accounts, and switching them to OneDrive if I'm remembering correctly. Veggie59 do you use your Samsung account to back your phone up or OneDrive? I would do a little Google search on that, or even go to Sammie's website to see what the process was when/if they shut down their cloud service and how the transfer to OneDrive is supposed to happen.

It's strange we haven't heard other Samsung owners talking about this though. Something doesn't sound right about that for sure :-\

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I remember something about Samsung stating they were going to be stopping their own cloud storage for their Samsung accounts, and switching them to OneDrive if I'm remembering correctly. Veggie59 do you use your Samsung account to back your phone up or OneDrive? I would do a little Google search on that, or even go to Sammie's website to see what the process was when/if they shut down their cloud service and how the transfer to OneDrive is supposed to happen.

It's strange we haven't heard other Samsung owners talking about this though. Something doesn't sound right about that for sure :-\
Samsung cloud is available but doesn't back up what it use to like photos,files some other small things

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I am not sure anymore. I know I have most things back up to Google. I remember that Samsung stopped backing up for pictures I think. This is going to be a pain. My phone should be here tomorrow. And of course hubby’s phone as well and I will end up having to switch that one over as well.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Samsung cloud is available but doesn't back up what it use to like photos,files some other small things
So not knowing where everything is backed up to… What is the best way to switch over my phone keeping files, folders, and pictures in albums without disruption? And of course phone settings.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So not knowing where everything is backed up to… What is the best way to switch over my phone keeping files, folders, and pictures in albums without disruption? And of course phone settings.
Best bet is smart switch between phones with a cable

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Google has a backup feature and I usually restore by Google not by samsung. I use smart switch and don't use my PC. When you restore your data you should get a choice to restore Google or Samsung or even both but that may duplicate some things.

Congrats on the new phone.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Google has a backup feature and I usually restore by Google not by samsung. I use smart switch and don't use my PC. When you restore your data you should get a choice to restore Google or Samsung or even both but that may duplicate some things.

Congrats on the new phone.

Thanks. I am a little nervous I will pick the wrong way to do it. After an update a year or so ago I lost all my apps and folders and had to redo everything,..what a pain. I have screen shots saved now so I know where everything should be lol. I am sure I will be on here and elsewhere tomorrow or Tuesday in panic mode.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am a little nervous I will pick the wrong way to do it. After an update a year or so ago I lost all my apps and folders and had to redo everything,..what a pain. I have screen shots saved now so I know where everything should be lol. I am sure I will be on here and elsewhere tomorrow or Tuesday in panic mode.

Another thing to consider is do you save your passwords? And if you do, do you save passwords to Google or Samsung? I chose to save to Google for myself as I don't always buy or use a samsung phone. And I started saving passwords to Google so it's a seamless transition because I was saving to samsung before and I had to go through and set up an LG phone a few years ago and had to re enter all those passwords. It was time consuming. If you always buy Samsungs then it shoudn't be an issue.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Another thing to consider is do you save your passwords? And if you do, do you save passwords to Google or Samsung? I chose to save to Google for myself as I don't always buy or use a samsung phone. And I started saving passwords to Google so it's a seamless transition because I was saving to samsung before and I had to go through and set up an LG phone a few years ago and had to re enter all those passwords. It was time consuming. If you always buy Samsungs then it shoudn't be an issue.

I set up my new S 22 ultra yesterday what a pain in the butt. I got conflicting information from T-Mobile. They were supposed to send a new Sim card and didn’t. They told me to leave the old one in the old phone until after I did the smart switch to the new phone. That of course was wrong I needed the Sim card in the new phone. So I got all that straightened away and everything transferred over. So I thought. Today every time I go to do something I find that passwords did not transfer over. Luckily I have them saved on my iPad and some of them are in a password manager. Because the stupid glass screen protector is not letting me get my fingerprints acknowledged most times to get into things. Pain in the butt lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol