Note 9 Contact List

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok.. I posted this once and it vanished. Gonna try it again.

I had a friend share a contact with me. Came in as a .vcf. Loaded fine. I use dark mode all the time. I opened the contact and the screen starts flashing. The border at the bottom where the navigation buttons are is flashing a bright white and the status bar at the top is flashing off and on. Flashes run a bit less than once a second. Acts like it is caught in a loop. Exiting is a bit difficult. I've tried a bunch of things to try to fix.

Reboot
Clear the cache partition
Edit the contact - Change Name
Edit the contact - Change number
Delete the contact - Reenter contact
Check to make sure that contact is in the correct account (All contacts in Samsung directory)
Change to day mode. (Can't see the flashing at the bottom, but the status bar still flashes)
Lower the resolution. (Blinking gets faster)
Lower resolution to the bottom (Blinking get very fast)
Resort the contacts

Click on another contact.
ALL MY CONTACTS ARE NOW FLASHING (glad that I'm not subject to seizures)

so.... 2 questions.. is there anyone out there that still uses the Note 9 and is there anyone out there that is having this same issue???

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also put the vcf file in internal storage My Files app then go to setting on contact app choose import files>internal storage>then find the file and select it

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Moved all to Google
Reset default to Google
Still flashing

Cleared cache
forced stop
Still flashing

imported vcf
saved vcf
all contacts Still flashing

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Sorry. 42 different things going on right now. trying to set up a printer for a friend via text messages. sigh.

default app is textra, I've imported several vcf contacts before with zero problems.

the appearance is that of something caught in a loop. I have to repeatedly punch the exit button before I can exit.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks , the whole screen flashes
Never seen that before definitely glitching
I wonder if safe mode you can get in to contact app, want to try?

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Not that I expect anything, I've forwarded this on to Samsung. See if they can figure it out.

Default messaging app is Textra. Used for years
No updates that I could see would affect the contact lists
Happened when I imported that one vcf and now affects all contacts. Who knows. Sigh. Heading to bed now. Thanks. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan