Note 9 to have a FLAT screen!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish my 55inch tv had the right ratio - I hate those black bars at the top & bottom!! I don't use my phone for tv but I like the note 8 added screen
Only in movies or certain Netflix shows. No black bar at bottom for network tv shows which is what I watch

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
People for years were complaining about the huge bezels at the top and bottom of every phone. Now that the bezels are tiny, people are complaining about the ratio. You can't have a your cake and eat it too. The black bars on the left and right of your screen watching videos would just be bezels on older phones using a 16:9 screen. It doesn't stretch the video on your screen unless you want it to. So, the picture is slightly shorter because of the 18:9 screen ratio. No biggie. Time to let go of the 16:9 screens already and moves on.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Now that the bezels are tiny, people are complaining about the ratio. You can't have a your cake and eat it too.

Sure you can. Shrink the bezels without increasing the screen size, making for an overall shorter phone with the same screen size.

That said, I never complained about bezels and I find they help with one hand holding. When too small or with edge screens, I'm often getting unwanted touches on the sides. I think the V20 I have is about perfect in that department, unless the phone were to have front facing stereo speakers. Then they would need to be bigger to house the speakers.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I wish my 55inch tv had the right ratio - I hate those black bars at the top & bottom!! I don't use my phone for tv but I like the note 8 added screen

Ask the people who make the films and TV shows to use the standard 16:9 aspect ratio. They are the problem, not your TV.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I can appreciate a Note with a flat screen in recalling how a Verizon tech installed a very thin glass screen protector on my fiancée's Note 3 that I was presenting to her for Christmas 2013. The protector on that flat screen looked so liquid and natural and it protected the entire screen without a fuss. The next year's Note 4 screen had mildly-chamfered edges that defied laying-on a glass screen protector effectively.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
so pocket carry is out.

Are you wearing skinny jeans? I've never had any trouble fitting it into any pocket.

The Note 8 is NARROWER than the Note 5 and only 1/4 taller. Does that 1/4" make that much difference? How tight is the tolerance on your pants?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you wearing skinny jeans? I've never had any trouble fitting it into any pocket.

The Note 8 is NARROWER than the Note 5 and only 1/4 taller. Does that 1/4" make that much difference? How tight is the tolerance on your pants?
I don't know how you sit down. My pocket to tight when I sit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC