Note 9 to have a FLAT screen!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If this leaker is true, the flat screen is back! This is huge! People debating on between the s9 plus and Note 9 should go for the Note 9 and game over!

This NEEDS to happen! More usable screen for the spen! it will be like the older Note days again.

I have a Note 8 and of course I will upgrade. I'm glad I didn't blow money on the s9 plus.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...camera-specs-price-release-date/#60483a7d1440

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
If this leaker is true, the flat screen is back! This is huge! People debating on between the s9 plus and Note 9 should go for the Note 9 and game over!

This NEEDS to happen! More usable screen for the spen! it will be like the older Note days again.

I have a Note 8 and of course I will upgrade. I'm glad I didn't blow money on the s9 plus.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...camera-specs-price-release-date/#60483a7d1440
But that article is about the new upgraded S9. Did I miss something?

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

I prefer the curves - and this is conjecture.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I believe that the G8850 is an S9 type model for the Chinese Market only

Why does the chinese and Koreans get all the better phones with more ram and memory? Why don't they want the American or European consumer to have the better phones?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I would pay extra for a Note 9 with a flat screen the same size and screen ratio as my old Note 7.
Now that we can finally get good screen protection (spelled OTAO, Zagg, White Dome and others) I have absolutely no problem with the curves. That said, the curved screens do absolutely nothing for me either. Seems like a gimmick but one person's gimmick is another's favorite feature.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
We can "get" curved protectors, but they still don't lie as flat as protectors on flat screens do. (And that video looked like a 2.5D screen, not a completely flat screen.) Whitestone Dome Glass may work, but it's not available for all phones - and it's not cheap.

Blues Fan, it's because we're willing to buy the ones with less RAM, less storage and fewer features, and pay new price for a phone that the Koreans have been using for a year. As far as most of the world is concerned, "Americans are sheep" is their sales plan. We complain, but as long as they get our money, they don't care.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Did we watch a different video from you? The renders showed an edged infinity display. The corners were a bit tighter, just like the S9, but they're there.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Why does the chinese and Koreans get all the better phones with more ram and memory? Why don't they want the American or European consumer to have the better phones?
The American market is hindered by the deal with Qualcomm. They'd have to make separate production lines for a relatively small market due to Qualcomm forcing them to use the Snap. That Qualcomm deal IMO is what's holding Samsung back since they have to approximate performance between 2 chips.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I remain skeptical. First, the curved displays have been what sets Samsung's design apart from everyone else. It's been their design language for the last few years. Second, the fingerprint sensor on that mock up is way up at the top-middle of the device in an ergonomically terrible place. The big thing about the S9/S9+ this year is how the fingerprint sensor is in a better spot. There's no way Samsung would put it in a worse spot for the Note 9.

I don't see why Samsung would deviate this radically from the S9+'s design.

Not too sure

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the curved screen, and would love to return to the flat screen. That being said, I doubt this will happen. Samsung seems hell-bent on the curved screen. An option would be nice for those who do like the curve, but that seems expensive. If prices keep increasing, this loyal Galaxy fan will be moving on to the smaller, but still very capable brands.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten used to the curved screen on the S8+ so that would not be a deal breaker. I use a soft tipped stylus on my phone a lot so the built in stylus sounds good. I with they would have something other than glass as the back but I require wireless charging. I think reviewers would see a plastic back as a downgrade as sensible as it would be so I expect glass. I also need more storage than 64 Gig so my options are limited. Not super happy with Samsung apps and bloat added to Verizon's but have loved the phone and the screen, so I suspect that if they keep wireless charging and the ability to add an SD card I will go for my first Note.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Going by the rumours the 6.4 inch screen on the Note 9 will have even less curve and be even more infinity than the Note 8, flat screen won't matter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith