Samsung Giving up on Note line?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or does it seem like Samsung is phoning it in on the Note 9? They are taking things off the table to curb them for the S10.. The Note line was the premier flagship but now seems like no more than an obligation. Anyone?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: SamsungvGiving up on Note line?

Samsung wants to make money. That's all I think they care about, so they're going to make whatever decision they think will get them the most money. If that means death to the Note line then death to the Note line but I don't think they're even close to that yet.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

We've come to a point where tech isn't moving as fast as we would want it to be. Before Samsung was actually able to create faster procs by the time the Note comes around, or being able to clock them higher. Plus the S10 is 10th anniversary model, so it makes sense that they don't want the Note 9 to overshadow it in any way. One way to achieve that is to make the Note 9 a bit underwhelming.

Also, the note as a premier flagship is sort of overrated to me. I've had Samsungs Galaxy S and Notes from the original Galaxy S up til now, and the most glaring differences has always been a bigger screen, the S Pen, possibly more RAM and a higher clocked proc. Most of the other differences are software side. The S+ series has decreased the distinction true, but it's come from a viewpoint where less customers are seen to actually use the S Pen. The Note had always been a niche product.

chocokat

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Samsung wants to make money. That's all I think they care about, so they're going to make whatever decision they think will get them the most money. If that means death to the Note line then death to the Note line but I don't think they're even close to that yet.
Let's hope not because I'm a huge fan and there are a few of us at least.

I might be really hopeful but it seems samsung does listen to the fans. Yes, they are doing it for the money because it's a business but it's in their interest to please their clients as well. Not every company do listen to their clients all the time but i have a feeling samsung do try.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

The Note used to be the phone that debuted new Samsung tech first. Now, it's the S series. So, it seems like there is no wow factor for the Note line anymore. It changed when they aligned the numbers of the phones. The naming is too similar. Why would someone who doesn't know but a Note9 when the S9 has been out for over 5 months? They are basically the same phones now released 5 months apart. So, it feels like old tech for more money.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

The Note used to be the phone that debuted new Samsung tech first. Now, it's the S series. So, it seems like there is no wow factor for the Note line anymore. It changed when they aligned the numbers of the phones. The naming is too similar. Why would someone who doesn't know but a Note9 when the S9 has been out for over 5 months? They are basically the same phones now released 5 months apart. So, it feels like old tech for more money.

Yea, it makes me wonder if maybe next year will be the last year of the Note line hence why they have super sized S phones now. However it would save in design and production cost.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I like that the Note series is the mature productivity platform now.
Its for people that want to use their phones as tools, and tools should
not break down because its going thru a beta or experimental phase.
Rumor has it there will be improvements on the functionality of the Note 8,
and the 8 was one of the best phones of 2017.

I'll be upgrading from the S9 plus to the Note 9.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the note is even used as a productivity device by most ppl. It started out with ppl wanting it mainly for big screens, removable batteries and external storage. It was a phone geeks wet dream. That's being filled by other devices. Few Note users actually use the S Pen (from poll taken across the web) for productivity purposes. And Samsung has not increased the s pens usefulness outside of its own ecosystem. I say get rid of it too, it's too expensive anyway.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't think the note is even used as a productivity device by most ppl. It started out with ppl wanting it mainly for big screens, removable batteries and external storage. It was a phone geeks wet dream. That's being filled by other devices. Few Note users actually use the S Pen (from poll taken across the web) for productivity purposes. And Samsung has not increased the s pens usefulness outside of its own ecosystem. I say get rid of it too, it's too expensive anyway.

Well, if I designed a Note it would be like this:

8GB ram

512GB built in storage

Removable battery

IR blaster

FLAT 6.3 Inch screen

Water resistant

Finger print sensor in screen.

That would be my phone if I built it

I wonder how much it would cost to produce and buy lol.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, if I designed a Note it would be like this:

8GB ram

512GB built in storage

Removable battery

IR blaster

FLAT 6.3 Inch screen

Water resistant

Finger print sensor in screen.

That would be my phone if I built it

I wonder how much it would cost to produce and buy lol.

I would buy this without hesitation so long as the price is reasonable.

Chris Williams8

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

Not true.

Remember the Note 8 was the first phone with the dual camera setup. Then the S9 came out with it as well and added on the Dual Aperture.

I think it just all depends on what technology they have that's ready for mass production.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Not true.

Remember the Note 8 was the first phone with the dual camera setup. Then the S9 came out with it as well and added on the Dual Aperture.

I think it just all depends on what technology they have that's ready for mass production.

The note 8 was not the first phone with a dual cam setup. It was available around a year (at least) earlier than the note 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante