07-03-2018 09:02 AM
30 12
tools
    06-06-2018 04:28 PM
    Design needs to be revamped, it's getting old... but hey, at least no notch! :P
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    06-06-2018 05:11 PM
    How very 2017.
    06-06-2018 05:31 PM
    No notch?
    Woohoo!!!
    t-woody and toenail_flicker like this.
    06-06-2018 05:34 PM
    No notch?
    Woohoo!!!
    With all the Samsung ads running now that mock the notch (notch hair-do guy even has a notch-hairdo baby now!), it'd be a pretty dumb move if they included it on the next flagship.
    STARGATE and toenail_flicker like this.
    06-06-2018 06:45 PM
    It would be awesome if the cameras stayed horizontal but I don't think this is correct.
    06-06-2018 06:55 PM
    With all the Samsung ads running now that mock the notch (notch hair-do guy even has a notch-hairdo baby now!), it'd be a pretty dumb move if they included it on the next flagship.
    Well... they mocked the wall huggers because Samsung replaceable phone batteries...
    06-06-2018 06:55 PM
    Well... they mocked the wall huggers because Samsung replaceable phone batteries...
    No, that was because iPhones were, up until then, pretty bad with ON-TIME battery (they've always been stellar with standby). And to this day, even though they've improved a lot, take a look next time you're at an airport or Starbucks... for some reason the ones always plugged in are mostly iUsers

BUT if they are going to add a notch, common sense would have dictated the mocking ads would stop with a few months to spare before they join the trend... but they just released NEW ads mocking it. So not likely (and most leaks point to that) having a notch on the Note. S10, who knows.
    06-07-2018 01:33 PM
    No notch?
    Woohoo!!!
    They're keeping that for the Note 10 ;-)
    Jewels81 likes this.
    06-07-2018 02:27 PM
    Nnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    🤪
    Gray Area likes this.
    06-07-2018 03:35 PM
    Design needs to be revamped, it's getting old... but hey, at least no notch! :P
    Agree. Need something different.
    06-07-2018 08:06 PM
    Lmao don't jinx us lol. Apple can keep that all to themselves😁
    06-07-2018 08:42 PM
    Looks exactly like the Note 8. Now I'm curious to see what the Galaxy S10 is going to look like because if it uses the same design language as the S8 and S9 will there be an outcry like there has been towards Apple for using pretty much the same design for the iPhone 6 to the 8? Probably not as it seems Samsung gets a pass for pretty much everything.
    06-08-2018 04:06 AM
    How much can you really change the design? Basically, we're moving towards a full screen display. What more can be done except upgrading the processor, display panels and cameras? I know people want change for the sake of change. But, what's next that people want to see in a new phone?
    06-08-2018 07:01 AM
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Like what design are you going for? It's a phone not a car. Changing to flat screen seems to be a step in the past, changing from glass to aluminum disables the wireless charging feature...
    06-11-2018 10:26 AM
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Like what design are you going for? It's a phone not a car. Changing to flat screen seems to be a step in the past, changing from glass to aluminum disables the wireless charging feature...
    Sometimes it's better to live in the past. My wife loves the Note line, but hates the curved screens and fragile glass bodies. I hate them too, but I'm not a Samsung fan for other reasons. We'll take a durable phone with a good display over a pretty phone with a distorted display (the curves) any day.
    06-11-2018 11:42 AM
    Sometimes it's better to live in the past. My wife loves the Note line, but hates the curved screens and fragile glass bodies. I hate them too, but in not a Samsung fan for other reasons. We'll take a durable phone with a good display over a pretty phone with a distorted display (the curves) any day.
    Yea I understand that. I could give it take the curves myself.
    06-11-2018 08:38 PM
    Sometimes it's better to live in the past. My wife loves the Note line, but hates the curved screens and fragile glass bodies. I hate them too, but in not a Samsung fan for other reasons. We'll take a durable phone with a good display over a pretty phone with a distorted display (the curves) any day.
    I'm with your wife, and agree completely on all points. different and new isn't always better
    boudicca00 likes this.
    06-14-2018 08:18 AM
    Looks exactly like the Note 8. Now I'm curious to see what the Galaxy S10 is going to look like because if it uses the same design language as the S8 and S9 will there be an outcry like there has been towards Apple for using pretty much the same design for the iPhone 6 to the 8? Probably not as it seems Samsung gets a pass for pretty much everything.
    Even if the S10 looks like an S8 it will be only the 3rd year of that design.

Meanwhile the iPhone 8 is the 4th year with that design, and the iPhone SE is still selling with the 6 year old iPhone 5 design.
    06-14-2018 11:01 AM
    Sometimes it's better to live in the past. My wife loves the Note line, but hates the curved screens and fragile glass bodies. I hate them too, but I'm not a Samsung fan for other reasons. We'll take a durable phone with a good display over a pretty phone with a distorted display (the curves) any day.
    No distortion on my note 8s curves at all. I love the infinity display.
    06-15-2018 11:56 PM
    No distortion on my note 8s curves at all. I love the infinity display.
    My wife has the S7 edge and it runs images and video all the way to each curved edge, making it look like I'm watching an old CRT tv with a rollover problem. If it kept the images on the flat part and only used the edges for secondary functions, it would be better. But that still wouldn't solve the problem of accidental touches that have plagued both of us when using it. The curves have been nothing but problems for us, and she didn't even want it in the first place. Unfortunately she was caught up in the Note 7 debacle, and that was what Verizon replaced it with, with the claim of it also being a great phone. Nearly 2 years later and she still hates it.
    06-16-2018 08:19 AM
    The curved screens are great for viewing video, it's a really immersive experience however for the Note line I'd prefer flat because of writing with the spen, curves are not great for that
    06-16-2018 08:33 AM
    Ho hum..... nothing that makes me want to ditch my 8. Let's see what the 10 brings I'm more than happy to spend another year with 8.
    06-16-2018 09:40 AM
    Well, google did that for the headphone jack lol
    06-18-2018 05:01 AM
    Sorry, Disregard, wrong thread.
    06-18-2018 03:48 PM
30 12