07-21-2018 01:01 AM
38 12
tools
    Everything i see about this phone is that it's a BARELY better phone than the S9 and hardly an upgrade from the Note 8. Why don't they just scrap it and focus on the 10?? The 10 is supposed to give us everything we want in THIS phone so why waste everybody's time on this? I'm so frustrated as i sit and wait to upgrade my Note 5. C'mon Samsung, convince me why i shouldn't turn to the iPhone. I have zero reasons not to at this point.
    06-07-2018 10:30 AM
    Just buy what you want. They want to sell some money, that's why. The people who actually follow tech sites are a vast minority of customers. And there are a lot of people who don't care as long as they have the newest thing.
    Everything i see about this phone is that it's a BARELY better phone than the S9 and hardly an upgrade from the Note 8. Why don't they just scrap it and focus on the 10?? The 10 is supposed to give us everything we want in THIS phone so why waste everybody's time on this? I'm so frustrated as i sit and wait to upgrade my Note 5. C'mon Samsung, convince me why i shouldn't turn to the iPhone. I have zero reasons not to at this point.
    owensch1 and debdroid1a like this.
    06-07-2018 10:58 AM
    Lol here we go with the oh give me a reason not to go to iPhone topic just go man nobody begging you to get note9.

Edit: before anyone jumps on me lol. I meant that in nice way.
    06-07-2018 11:56 AM
    The Note 8 would be a big upgrade to your 5.

Imagine Samsung wasting your time on bringing out a device you don't have to buy.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    06-07-2018 04:15 PM
    I'm still using a Note 4. This device is going to FLY compared to that.
    06-07-2018 04:17 PM
    Apple does the same thing with their upgrades. You don't see much unless you wait 2 years for any phone.

Get what you think you will enjoy. Some use both. Some move and never go back. Some switch after less then a week.

I upgraded from a note 5 to 8 and I see a big difference. I have my Note 5 and use it to play games if I want to watch Netflix (mirror to my Note 8 to tv through my blue ray player) and it's hard to use. I love my Note 8.
    06-07-2018 04:54 PM
    I don't think there will be enough for me to go from 8 to 9. we'll see.
    06-07-2018 07:09 PM
    Personally, I had good reason to go from a Note 8 to a S9 Plus, I am looking forward to going back to the Note series with the 9, while having the features from the S9 series that made it worth a temporarly move.
    06-07-2018 08:03 PM
    Note 9 is probably mainly intended for people who are still using the S7/S8 series and/or iPhones. But two things: 1) The phone isn't announced yet, let alone released ... there's no way to know yet if it's a worthy upgrade over the prior gen, but at minimum it's a spec refresh. 2) Exactly nothing is known about the Note 10. If you're still on the Note 5, the Note 8 is a HUGE upgrade over it, let alone the upcoming 9. But if you have zero reasons not to switch to iPhones... then that means you should be switching. iPhones have a lot of advantages over Samsung phones, including more accurate displays, better battery life, generally better apps, better security, longer software support, better accessory availability, etc. Plus they have the Product Red versions, which just look awesome IMO.
    06-09-2018 08:42 AM
    I'm still using a Note 4. This device is going to FLY compared to that.
    Agreed
    TechNut79 likes this.
    06-09-2018 08:42 AM
    Apple does the same thing with their upgrades. You don't see much unless you wait 2 years for any phone.

Get what you think you will enjoy. Some use both. Some move and never go back. Some switch after less then a week.

I upgraded from a note 5 to 8 and I see a big difference. I have my Note 5 and use it to play games if I want to watch Netflix (mirror to my Note 8 to tv through my blue ray player) and it's hard to use. I love my Note 8.
    I went from the Note 5 to the 8 as well. So nice going from sluggish to everything happening faster than you've ever seen before - plus the OS is so stable now!
    06-09-2018 01:33 PM
    The Note 9 will be a huge upgrade from the s9 simply because of the spen, it's a game changer. There is no guarantee that the note 10 will have what you want, you can also wait for the Note 11 which will be better than the 10. There is always a better phone on the horizon. Its a never ending cycle.
    06-10-2018 08:41 AM
    You're in a great position. You can replace your Note 5 with a Note 8 right now for a lot less than it would have cost you last fall. The Note 9 is driving the cost of the Note 8 down and, from what you say, you'd be very happy with it. I can't imagine anyone in your shoes complaining about that at all.
    06-11-2018 04:53 PM
    Actually what is the tech you're waiting for? Even Note 10 might not guarantee will satisfy you if you're already choosing iPhone over Note8/9
    06-18-2018 03:58 AM
    people have this same question every year, and every year people buy the latest Note. That's why they don't skip it.
    06-20-2018 10:50 PM
    Yep, I've decided to remain patient and wait for the Note 10. The s10 rumors appear to be amazing and to be everything i wanted THIS phone to be. I think my patience will pay off. Just one more year of waiting and saving on my bill since I'm no longer paying for my Note 5.
    06-22-2018 11:38 AM
    I've skipped the 7,8, and will the 9. The 5 is still an amazing phone.
    people have this same question every year, and every year people buy the latest Note. That's why they don't skip it.
    06-22-2018 11:39 AM
    I've skipped the 7,8, and will the 9. The 5 is still an amazing phone.
    The 5 is flipping ancient at this stage, having said that.... I have a Note3 with a note7 ROM on it and it flies, not as good as the Note 8 but still a very capable device
    06-24-2018 02:32 PM
    Have the note 8 and it flies. If you have the 5 and it works for you - that's such a dinosaur - then why do you need the 9 or 10 instead of the 8? I just miss S-Note.
    06-24-2018 07:46 PM
    A lot of the time with phones it's not about *need* but *want* with me anyway, I do prefer to have 2 good devices though... Just in case...
    Note3 is great for playing around with stuff you can't modify on newer devices but still not as great as a Note8 obviously
    06-25-2018 02:01 PM
    C'mon Samsung, convince me why i shouldn't turn to the iPhone. I have zero reasons not to at this point.
    My question is more so... What does iPhone have that you want that Samsung doesn't?
    06-26-2018 12:26 PM
    I watch the new iPhone releases very casually just to see what they have. I'll never go to the dark side, regardless of what the iPhone can do. It's all about the eco system. A feature on a phone will never make me switch to iOS.
    TechNut79 likes this.
    06-26-2018 03:04 PM
    Yep, I've decided to remain patient and wait for the Note 10. The s10 rumors appear to be amazing and to be everything i wanted THIS phone to be. I think my patience will pay off. Just one more year of waiting and saving on my bill since I'm no longer paying for my Note 5.
    S10 rumours WTF🤣give me a break.....
    mgbosshogg and j_hansen like this.
    06-26-2018 10:03 PM
    My question is more so... What does iPhone have that you want that Samsung doesn't?
    In my case I prefer the 16:9 screen ratio of thre iPhone 8+ and the flat screen. The new ones coming out with narrow screen offer me nothing. Really hate the. new screen ratios.
    06-27-2018 12:42 PM
    In my case I prefer the 16:9 screen ratio of thre iPhone 8+ and the flat screen. The new ones coming out with narrow screen offer me nothing. Really hate the. new screen ratios.
    I guess you'd really hate the newer LG G7 (or whatever it's called). They have a 19.5:9 ratio I believe.
    06-27-2018 07:53 PM
38 12