Has anyone heard if Verizon will offer an upgrade option after 1 year on the Note 9 like they've done on the S8 and others?

I'm definitely gonna upgrade my S8+ when the Note 9 comes out but don't want to get stuck for 2 years.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    07-01-2018 07:42 AM
    As a Verizon customer I will say that I don't know. I would trade my S8+ (in pristine condition should that matter) when the time comes. I have a Note8 too from the recent time when I had up to three active lines and I've scaled back to one. Here we are almost a year after the Note8's debut speculating over the Note9; did the same thing in '16 waiting for the Note7. I sense a pattern here. I will be looking to see if Verizon offers a Note9 with at least 128 gigabytes of native storage. That's my minimum criteria. I'm prepared to be disappointed. I am not interested in being stuck for two years either. Everything that Verizon has been doing recently has been slanted toward locking me down for two years. It took some doing to convince my Verizon service rep that I wanted to simplify.
    07-01-2018 08:06 AM
    As a Verizon customer I will say that I don't know. I would trade my S8+ (in pristine condition should that matter) when the time comes. I have a Note8 too from the recent time when I had up to three active lines and I've scaled back to one. Here we are almost a year after the Note8's debut speculating over the Note9; did the same thing in '16 waiting for the Note7. I sense a pattern here. I will be looking to see if Verizon offers a Note9 with at least 128 gigabytes of native storage. That's my minimum criteria. I'm prepared to be disappointed. I am not interested in being stuck for two years either. Everything that Verizon has been doing recently has been slanted toward locking me down for two years. It took some doing to convince my Verizon service rep that I wanted to simplify.
    Your getting that s8+ paid down enough by now you might be better to just pay it off if you're still making the payments.

The s8 was the last phone that Verizon offered the early trade. I doubt they will offer it on the note 9.
    07-02-2018 07:40 AM