Note 9 colors

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
If the recent FCC filing of the Note 9's S-Pen is anything to go by, the phone will come in the following colors:

1. EJ-PN960BBEGWW: Black
2. EJ-PN960BJEGWW: Gray
3. EJ-PN960BVEGWW: Violet / Purple
4. EJ-PN960BLEGWW: Blue
5. EJ-PN960BAEGWW: Brown

It's slightly curious that there's no gold option, just because the S-Pen in the August 9th Unpacked teaser is a yellow/gold.

*EDIT: Just to be clear, these model numbers/colors are for the S-Pens, not the phones. So, they may offer direct evidence of what colors the phone will come in, but they may not.

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
If the recent FCC filing of the Note 9's S-Pen is anything to go by, the phone will come in the following colors:

It's slightly curious that there's no gold option, just because the S-Pen in the August 9th Unpacked teaser is a yellow/gold.

That's why I don't believe none of the rumors til the phone is revealed on August 9th.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

It could be that the brown is like the old Galaxy SL. It's back is a dark chocolate brown, but the metallic edging was gold. Since the S-Pen would insert into the aluminum frame, it would make sense that the gold S-Pen is for the brown.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It could be that the brown is like the old Galaxy SL. It's back is a dark chocolate brown, but the metallic edging was gold. Since the S-Pen would insert into the aluminum frame, it would make sense that the gold S-Pen is for the brown.

I thought about that too (well more for the gold metal frame on the coral blue Note7 and that maybe they'd make a gold pen for the blue Note9), but these models/colors are for the actual S-Pens themselves, not the phones. So, it would actually say gold/yellow if there was a gold/yellow pen.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in seeing the two tone options. I saw a concept with a nice blue and gold with the gold spen with blue dial. I'd be interested in that.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site

*EDIT: Just to be clear, these model numbers/colors are for the S-Pens, not the phones. So, they may offer direct evidence of what colors the phone will come in, but they may not.
Does apple have the patent for RED? Shame about that because I like RED.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in seeing the two tone options. I saw a concept with a nice blue and gold with the gold spen with blue dial. I'd be interested in that.

Same. Reminds me of the coral blue Note7 with the subtle gold metal trim. Wouldn't mind a white option with a polished silver frame either, and a silver Samsung logo on the back.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Samsung makes the S9 in a burgundy red, but it's not available in the US to my knowledge. Red phones are indeed nice. My favorite was the red Nokia Lumia 1520.

A number of OEMs are making their phones in red, so it's definitely not just an Apple thing. In fact they were one of the last to the game.

As the Note9 is viewed mainly as a productivity device, it seems Samsung isn't as adventurous with the color options as they are with the S series.

Helen Bolton

Jul 6, 2018
Visit site
Samsung makes the S9 in a burgundy red, but it's not available in the US to my knowledge. Red phones are indeed nice. My favorite was the red Nokia Lumia 1520.

A number of OEMs are making their phones in red, so it's definitely not just an Apple thing. In fact they were one of the last to the game.

As the Note9 is viewed mainly as a productivity device, it seems Samsung isn't as adventurous with the color options as they are with the S series.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae