Note and S line plus sized model to be merged!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
@cwbcpa
Yes I am still using Note 2. I like it and I believe I will like a new model when I get around to it, which will probably happen after the Note 9 is released. I don't want to buy the 8 just before the release of 9, so I will wait and see how the 9 turns out and take it from there.
You have more patience than me. I have a Note 4 for work I have been putting off upgrading. Not because I like it. I just don't want to spend any money on one. I believe it's running Marshmallow - 6.0.1. It's slow as molasses next to the Note8. Horribly slow.
Is your Note 2 rooted? What OS are you running? My phone has been out of security updates since last August as well.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't care if they drop the Note name as long as they keep it the same!

What worries me is IF they do it like the Apple Pencil. That they simply have the large size phone and the pen as an option add on hence no way of storing the pen in the phone and basically like it is with the tab s3.

Lars Peter

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
You have more patience than me. I have a Note 4 for work I have been putting off upgrading. Not because I like it. I just don't want to spend any money on one. I believe it's running Marshmallow - 6.0.1. It's slow as molasses next to the Note8. Horribly slow.
Is your Note 2 rooted? What OS are you running? My phone has been out of security updates since last August as well.

When I buy a phone, especially in this price range, I expect to use it for many years. So the idea of upgrading to another phone is not relevant for me for a long while.
My Note 2 is not rooted. My OS is Android Version 4.4.2.
By the way, I just made a Google search and found that 4.4.2 is the last OS update that Samsung made for Note 2.

Lars Peter

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
I don't care if they drop the Note name as long as they keep it the same!

What worries me is IF they do it like the Apple Pencil. That they simply have the large size phone and the pen as an option add on hence no way of storing the pen in the phone and basically like it is with the tab s3.
Storing the pen in the phone is simply a brilliant idea. To remove such an option would be a major downgrade.

A smartphone is supposed to be smart. The smart thing is that you have everything in one device, phone, camera, Internet etc and with the Note line also the pen.

The only external device you need is your earphones which you can have in a mini purse. The smartphone is indeed smart.

Last edited:

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think this sounds bogus. I could see doing away with Sx+ line. The 9 line has not been that successful. The Note on the other hand provides Samsung a big sales lift in the Fall. If they were going to do away with the Note branding they would have after the Note 7 fiasco. The Note 8 was the best selling Fall phone last year. A big win for Samsung. The Note line is viewed as Samsung's tech flagship phone. The plus line is viewed in the market as just a bigger version of the S.

Besides we hear this same rumor every year - Samsung is doing away with the Note line.