07-25-2018 06:48 PM
26 12
tools
    It doesn't sound like it will be with the Note 9 and no S10 Plus but after that He's saying that the line will be merged, or basically how it used to be.

If you want a large screen Galaxy you will have to buy the Note later in the year.

So it looks like Notes for me for now on.

07-20-2018 06:52 PM
    I take it as a rumor for now.
    07-20-2018 08:37 PM
    I take it as a rumor for now.
    I do to, but I remember in the past on here saying I wouldn't be shocked if they combined it and just made one large flagship phone. You will have the s11 and a slightly larger s11 I guess. Sorta like the s7 and s7 edge were.
    Morty2264 and Nostromo79 like this.
    07-20-2018 09:52 PM
    I do to, but I remember in the past on here saying I wouldn't be shocked if they combined it and just made one large flagship phone. You will have the s11 and a slightly larger s11 I guess. Sorta like the s7 and s7 edge were.
    Yeah. Way I see it is as long as they don't take the note away I don't care what they do. Merge away. Lol.
    cwbcpa, msndrstood and 103Softail like this.
    07-20-2018 09:55 PM
    Will wait and see I guess. As long as I get a "Note" device I don't care what it's called. Just don't take away my Spen.
    07-20-2018 10:24 PM
    https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_is_...news-32332.php

This news report based on sources from Korea say they don't expect the Note line to exist anymore after this and the S+ line will replace the Note to carry the S Pen. Different from what this guy is saying. This is more likely so that they keep the 3 S variants market model they will be releasing next year. This will also save more money since they'll not have to think of some way to try and oneup the S series anymore with the Note line.

This makes more sense than having an S line in the first half of the year then a Note line in the second half, because as we have seen in previous years, the lines between the S and Notes are blurring, and it will be more cost effective to stop making Notes all together and just slap the S Pen onto the S+.
    Orion78 likes this.
    07-20-2018 11:01 PM
    Just make the S and the Note. Forget the S+.
    07-21-2018 03:55 AM
    Just make the S and the Note. Forget the S+.
    👆This👆
    07-21-2018 04:00 AM
    It will probably be 3 versions of the S
    Basic smaller S model.
    S+ larger version.
    S Note version.
    Basically a tiny bit of rebranding and nothing else
    Preach2k likes this.
    07-21-2018 04:30 AM
    Makes sense since the phones are so similar now
    Orion78 likes this.
    07-21-2018 07:08 AM
    https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_is_...news-32332.php

This news report based on sources from Korea say they don't expect the Note line to exist anymore after this and the S+ line will replace the Note to carry the S Pen. Different from what this guy is saying. This is more likely so that they keep the 3 S variants market model they will be releasing next year. This will also save more money since they'll not have to think of some way to try and oneup the S series anymore with the Note line.

This makes more sense than having an S line in the first half of the year then a Note line in the second half, because as we have seen in previous years, the lines between the S and Notes are blurring, and it will be more cost effective to stop making Notes all together and just slap the S Pen onto the S+.
    Yup might as well.
    07-21-2018 10:33 AM
    Maybe they should just make the Note, one with the S pen, the other without. As many buy the Note, and hardly ever use the S pen anyway.
    07-21-2018 03:15 PM
    It makes sense, with how similar the + and the note line have become (outside of the s pen). Streamline their product portfolio and take it back to how it used to be (1 s line model, and 1 note model).
    TechNut79 likes this.
    07-22-2018 11:28 AM
    Back when the first Note phone was made there were two main differences from a normal smartphone:
    1) The S Pen.
    2) The big size.
    Because of the big size it was a little tablet and the term "phablet" was invented. Phablet = phone + tablet.
    Since then smartphones have increased in size and the big phones have more or less turned into being phablets without S pens.
    Does it make sense that an S+ phone and a Note could merge and become an "S Note"? Well, if you really think about it that would be no merge, it would actually just be a continuation of the Note line and a discontinuation of the Plus line.

So the question is probably just how many lines will be continued?
    07-22-2018 06:36 PM
    This is what happens when companies try and put the same phone out every year. go back to 2 years per new model . problem solved
    07-23-2018 11:16 AM
    This is what happens when companies try and put the same phone out every year. go back to 2 years per new model . problem solved
    I bet their shareholders would love to hear that strategy.
    People can't expect huge changes every year. Most people still only upgrade every other year. I'm sure Samsung's expectations can't be as high this year as opposed to 2017. 2019 will clearly be a huge year for sales. As long as everyone's expectations are are in check, I don't see the issue.
    Apple has put out essentially the same phone for the past 5 years. People still buy them, though. Auto makers do the same thing. The problem is the consumer "thinks" they need a new phone once or twice a year year and they don't. If they continued to update the OS on older models, they would lose more sales.
    My situation is I'm on JOD. Why wouldn't I want the newest phone if I'm basically paying the same amount per month. With JOD changing to having more money down, people might get back to the 18-24 month upgrade cycle, before JOD started.
    07-23-2018 01:24 PM
    ...snipped... Most people still only upgrade every other year...snipped...
    Every other year for most people? That is an incredibly short time. I would believe that a lot of peple would keep there phones much longer, but maybe that isn't the case?

Personally I expect a phone to last for many years. They are very expensive and not something you would want to spend money on that often. Anyway I am still using my Galaxy Note 2 on which I wrote this reply. This year is likely to be the time for a new phone which will probably be either Note 8 or 9.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    07-23-2018 02:45 PM
    Every other year for most people? That is an incredibly short time. I would believe that a lot of peple would keep there phones much longer, but maybe that isn't the case?

Personally I expect a phone to last for many years. They are very expensive and not something you would want to spend money on that often. Anyway I am still using my Galaxy Note 2 on which I wrote this reply. This year is likely to be the time for a new phone which will probably be either Note 8 or 9.
    I agree. I look at what most people are using and it's typically at least two years old. I see a lot of iPhone 7 or older and I see a lot of Galaxy S7 and older.

So are you still using the Note 2 as your daily device? That was my first Note and while I really liked it and it hooked me to the Note line, I have really enjoyed the improvements since then.
    07-23-2018 03:55 PM
    It will be interesting to see the two lines merged in this way. I will keep my eyes and ears peeled! It's still a rumour at this point, but you never know!
    07-23-2018 04:57 PM
    @cwbcpa
    Yes I am still using Note 2. I like it and I believe I will like a new model when I get around to it, which will probably happen after the Note 9 is released. I don't want to buy the 8 just before the release of 9, so I will wait and see how the 9 turns out and take it from there.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    07-23-2018 05:06 PM
    @cwbcpa
    Yes I am still using Note 2. I like it and I believe I will like a new model when I get around to it, which will probably happen after the Note 9 is released. I don't want to buy the 8 just before the release of 9, so I will wait and see how the 9 turns out and take it from there.
    You have more patience than me. I have a Note 4 for work I have been putting off upgrading. Not because I like it. I just don't want to spend any money on one. I believe it's running Marshmallow - 6.0.1. It's slow as molasses next to the Note8. Horribly slow.
    Is your Note 2 rooted? What OS are you running? My phone has been out of security updates since last August as well.
    07-23-2018 08:57 PM
    I don't care if they drop the Note name as long as they keep it the same!

What worries me is IF they do it like the Apple Pencil. That they simply have the large size phone and the pen as an option add on hence no way of storing the pen in the phone and basically like it is with the tab s3.
    07-23-2018 10:34 PM
    You have more patience than me. I have a Note 4 for work I have been putting off upgrading. Not because I like it. I just don't want to spend any money on one. I believe it's running Marshmallow - 6.0.1. It's slow as molasses next to the Note8. Horribly slow.
    Is your Note 2 rooted? What OS are you running? My phone has been out of security updates since last August as well.
    When I buy a phone, especially in this price range, I expect to use it for many years. So the idea of upgrading to another phone is not relevant for me for a long while.
    My Note 2 is not rooted. My OS is Android Version 4.4.2.
    By the way, I just made a Google search and found that 4.4.2 is the last OS update that Samsung made for Note 2.
    07-24-2018 09:55 AM
    I don't care if they drop the Note name as long as they keep it the same!

What worries me is IF they do it like the Apple Pencil. That they simply have the large size phone and the pen as an option add on hence no way of storing the pen in the phone and basically like it is with the tab s3.
    Storing the pen in the phone is simply a brilliant idea. To remove such an option would be a major downgrade.

A smartphone is supposed to be smart. The smart thing is that you have everything in one device, phone, camera, Internet etc and with the Note line also the pen.

The only external device you need is your earphones which you can have in a mini purse. The smartphone is indeed smart.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    07-24-2018 10:58 AM
    I think this sounds bogus. I could see doing away with Sx+ line. The 9 line has not been that successful. The Note on the other hand provides Samsung a big sales lift in the Fall. If they were going to do away with the Note branding they would have after the Note 7 fiasco. The Note 8 was the best selling Fall phone last year. A big win for Samsung. The Note line is viewed as Samsung's tech flagship phone. The plus line is viewed in the market as just a bigger version of the S.

Besides we hear this same rumor every year - Samsung is doing away with the Note line.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    07-25-2018 04:51 PM
26 12