Note 9 cases

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I've got the flip folio case from Samsung. Fingerprints are starting to annoy me though but feels great in hand

gatorrich

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
25% off of OtterBox next Tuesday for Tmobile customers.
5099323b6156d5dac11fb8dd2efae865.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the Armadillotek case for my Note 9 for a couple weeks now. I really like the case overall but decided to switch back to my Defender for now.

First, the built in screen protector doesn't quit sit totally flush because of teh curved glass. This causes it to have a tiny bit of air gap which dust and dirt gets underneath and drives me nuts, plus with the Kickstand it leave the phone exposes a but when you use it allowing dirt to get in there.

Also, the sides of this case are raised which is great! gives more protection but also allows dirt and grime to collect on the sides.

I really like the case and eventually might just rip the protector out. I might try the Poetic Revolution and Supcase Unicorn Beetle out but I'm sure the screen protector will be crappy too and I'll just rip it out.

I can see why Otterbox ditched the built in protector for the curved phones.

They tried it with the S7 Edge. With the S7 edge it fit VERY snug to the phone so no dirt got under it BUT screen responsiveness was atrocious with it. Just terrible.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Flip cover case and blue honeycomb slickwrap

Attachments

• 20181111_170125.jpg
    20181111_170125.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 58

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I have several cases, however the leather wallet style cases work well for me. I have 3 of them. The Samsung Led wallet style case is my favorite. I have the blue and black one. I dont care about the led as mush as I like the way it turns on and off my screen. Love not having to push a button and the OCD in me will not let me just time it out. With the leather cases I use the Assistant menu button placed on the home screen for on/off thanks to a tipster here in the forum.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
The Otterbox (Defender in my case)has proven VERY protective for my devices. Also the UAG Monarch is another great one :)

For the initial case I got a clear (Spigen? Forget the brand) that is quite durable, though not heavy duty like the Otterbox.

I've tried other cases, thin cases, wallet cases, ect..., but i always go back to Otterbox with all of my phones. When i got the Note 9, i went straight to the Otterbox with whatever screen protector they had at the sprint store. i feel a lot more safe when its in the case, and with the thick screen protector, i feel that my investment is safe, yet functional!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've tried other cases, thin cases, wallet cases, ect..., but i always go back to Otterbox with all of my phones. When i got the Note 9, i went straight to the Otterbox with whatever screen protector they had at the sprint store. i feel a lot more safe when its in the case, and with the thick screen protector, i feel that my investment is safe, yet functional!
Im on sprint as well

zuzonline

Feb 28, 2011
www.zuzonline.com
First of all, all please understand that you can buy a new moto G for the amount of money you'll spend to replace the glass and screen ($200-$300+). In fact, this is a very expensive phone to repair anything.

The best phone case will depend whether you have insurance or not and how much protection you want to give up.

Get insurance if you can afford! It's worth it! If you don't have insurance (again $300+ to replace screen and glass), get a tough case and even a screen protector, which ruins the screen for me.

Since the EVO 4G I've had all kinds of cases for my s3, s5, s7edge, s8+ and I started with rugged cases or those ZeroLemon 10kMah batteries, almost always had insurance so I would have different cases and always changed them around depending on my mood.

I was lucky and careful to never have a cracked screen, until 4 months ago on my s8+. This one I had an Otterbox and no insurance, phone dropped on the edge of my concrete steps while I was running up the steps. I hated the bulkiness that it gave my phone but I was willing to trade the looks for protection, which it was just a bad fall and nothing the case would have done to avoid the cracking.

I refuse to ever ruin my Super AMOLED screen by putting a screen protector, the screen is the reason I stayed with Samsung. I had screen protectors on my first 3 androids and I I never kept them on since I noticed a difference on how the screen looked and felt.

With this note 9 I got insurance so I can pick cases for their looks and if the screen cracks, it will cost $40 to replace it. If anything happens again I might get something tougher.

(Spigen Neo Hybrid Galaxy Note 9 Case with Herringbone Flexible Inner Protection and Reinforced Hard Bumper Frame for Galaxy Note 9 (2018) - Ocean Blue)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol