Will Samsung bring back the classic S Note?

one028

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I installed and am using version 5.2.04.25.....everything works except when you create an action note, and choose "pin to homescreen" to save the note you created on the homescreen, doesn't work.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I installed and am using version 5.2.04.25.....everything works except when you create an action note, and choose "pin to homescreen" to save the note you created on the homescreen, doesn't work.
Are you using a third party launcher? I use Nova and the pin feature never worked unless using TouchWiz.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you had this problem yet when using Action Memo on the Note 9? The Action Memo part of S Note will freeze if you use any of the "Link to Action" options. The action (i.e., call, text, email, contacts, etc.) will initiate and pretty much work, but the open Action Memo will disappear. It won't be saved. If it was new, it will just be gone, and if you edited it, it will not save the changes.

This also happens if you are writing an Action Memo and you touch somewhere other than the memo. It should shrink down to a small movable square, but 9 out of 10 times it disappears, either not saved at all if new, or unmodified if previously saved. Same thing happens when scheduling a reminder and you choose a custom date/time vs a preset 1 hr, 6 hrs, 1 day, etc.

If you're NOT having this problem, and you're using different versions than the ones linked to in the original XDA topic, could your please share which versions you are using? Thanks!

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
This installed ok but when I open s note and try to open a older action memo it freezes up. Not sure why. It works for a short time then freezes. Any one else have this issue? Any work around this?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I never used S-Notes to its full functionality before Samsung monkeyed with it but I did sideload it onto the Note 8 and played with it, however I never relied on it. But I did like knowing if I had to jot down a quick phone number, or address (especially address) I could link to maps. Or add a contact. This version of S-Notes on the Note 9 is definitely not working as well as it did on the Note 8. I get the yellow icon about action memo in my notifications area and have to force close the app via the settings/app menu to get it to go away. I can't seem to open an existing action memo at all. I can create a new one but the overall functionality is wonky enough that I think I may just give up on it. I really don't understand why Samsung took away some of this functionality. I'm not a power user of the S Pen but would have probably become one if I felt like there was a benefit. Right now I'm not really seeing it in terms of power use. I do love it for selections and writing on screen shots and things like that.

By the way, I see no archive option in Samsung Notes or S-Note. Is it not possible to archive notes I might want to retain but don't necessarily want to see?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I never used S-Notes to its full functionality before Samsung monkeyed with it but I did sideload it onto the Note 8 and played with it, however I never relied on it. But I did like knowing if I had to jot down a quick phone number, or address (especially address) I could link to maps. Or add a contact. This version of S-Notes on the Note 9 is definitely not working as well as it did on the Note 8. I get the yellow icon about action memo in my notifications area and have to force close the app via the settings/app menu to get it to go away. I can't seem to open an existing action memo at all. I can create a new one but the overall functionality is wonky enough that I think I may just give up on it. I really don't understand why Samsung took away some of this functionality. I'm not a power user of the S Pen but would have probably become one if I felt like there was a benefit. Right now I'm not really seeing it in terms of power use. I do love it for selections and writing on screen shots and things like that.

By the way, I see no archive option in Samsung Notes or S-Note. Is it not possible to archive notes I might want to retain but don't necessarily want to see?
You have the option to sync notes with your Samsung account.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This installed ok but when I open s note and try to open a older action memo it freezes up. Not sure why. It works for a short time then freezes. Any one else have this issue? Any work around this?

I haven't yet moved over my older notes & memos. Wanted to wait til I knew everything was working ok. So not, but I think I'll try copying them over later today and see what happens. (So not happy that Action Memo is acting so screwy :( )

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
SNote is in the Galaxy App Store.

Sort of...

The versions of S Note in the Google Play store and the Galaxy App store do not include Action Memo, one of the most feature rich parts of S Note.

The version in the threads linked to in the beginning of this topic is 5.2.04.25, the last version to include it. And even with that, it's mostle inaccessible. However, someone made an app that simply opens a new Action Memo, using S Note.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I would be fine with Samsung Notes if they implemented S Note capabilities (not just some of them). I want to be able to do things like add picture on picture and write/draw where ever I want. Samsung Notes takes you to a separate drawing sections if you want to draw and adding pictures creates a picture scrolling thing. S Notes also had templates (although they were better in earlier versions).

EXACTLY I miss this so much.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It would be nice if Samsung could tweak the UI and bring a revamped S Note for the 10th anniversary. IMHO the current UI look is getting old. Give us new icons or something.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded an older version of S-Note and the Action Memo shortcut and it works -- UNLESS you disable the notification that "S Memo is running"... then you have to reboot and it will work again from the pen menu (shortcut for Action Memo) -- I don't remember what the "picture note" is, but the features I remember from Note 2-3-4-5 are working...

I'm constantly getting that notification yet the action memo disappears without being pinned on the screen, and I have to force close S note to regain access to action memo. How do I fix this?? Just want the pinned action memo to stay on the screen instead of disappearing and causing this error. Thanks!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
This photo alone says a lot of what S Note CAN do and what Samsung Notes CAN'T do.
Screenshot_20180915-112531_S Note.jpg

Samsung Notes CAN'T:

-Change background

-Change font size

-Rotate text

-Highlight text

-Mix pen and text

-Bring objects to front/send to back

-Let you be creative