Will Samsung bring back the classic S Note?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Note 5, I didn't even know they did away with S Note. What I'm more concerned about is if my old Note 5 S Notes will automatically transfer into Samsung Notes on my Note 9 when I log into my Samsung account. I killed the screen on my Note 5 but had some pretty sentimental and important stuff in S Note. Anybody know?

If you had them backed up to your Samsung acct I think there's was a way to get them back, but I'm not sure. If you import them into Samsung Notes tho, they won't be in their original format. I believe there are topics about this on the N7 & N8 forums. (If I can find them, I'll link them here.)

Can you still access your N5 from a computer? I always move mine to new devices via my laptop. All S Note files, including Action Memos are in the folder named SnoteData. If you sideload S Note as explained, you won't lose formatting, and can continue to access/edit/create.

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If you had them backed up to your Samsung acct I think there's was a way to get them back, but I'm not sure. If you import them into Samsung Notes tho, they won't be in their original format. I believe there are topics about this on the N7 & N8 forums. (If I can find them, I'll link them here.)

Can you still access your N5 from a computer? I always move mine to new devices via my laptop. All S Note files, including Action Memos are in the folder named SnoteData. If you sideload S Note as explained, you won't lose formatting, and can continue to access/edit/create.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, they're backed up with my Samsung account, so hopefully that will work. And sideloading is a good idea, I'll give that a shot.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Coming from the Note 5, I didn't even know they did away with S Note. What I'm more concerned about is if my old Note 5 S Notes will automatically transfer into Samsung Notes on my Note 9 when I log into my Samsung account. I killed the screen on my Note 5 but had some pretty sentimental and important stuff in S Note. Anybody know?

Just like @sandra_17 said, the format will be different, S Note reads like a book while Samsung Notes scrolls up and down.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
(Side note, the blue looks like the blue of my N5 to me. The lavender actually doesn't look as pink as photos make it look, maybe because it's more metallic/chrome looking?, but still too girly for me. Tho I would have loved dark purple.)

I thought that too. I believe it was called Sapphire Black on the N5. If only the N9's pen matched.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I hope someone from Samsung reads this.

Dear Samsung,

You've listened to your customers regarding things such as bringing back the SD card, fingerprint reader placement and increased battery size. PLEASE bring bring back S-Note or at the very least, bring S-Note features to Samsung Notes.

Sincerely,
A Galaxy Note Fan

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Made it into BestBuy today, but the two Note 9's they had to look at were both in "Retail Mode", so if wouldn't let me install anything. Didn't have enough time to stop in VZW - last year their N8's were not in retail mode, so I got to try to install, which didn't work. But I think that I screwed something up that day trying tho.

(Side note, the blue looks like the blue of my N5 to me. The lavender actually doesn't look as pink as photos make it look, maybe because it's more metallic/chrome looking?, but still too girly for me. Tho I would have loved dark purple.)

I installed several launchers and apps on the retail model at my BB... wanted to see if Action Launcher worked for Pixel-like -- it does. I wouldn't let me sideload the apk for Action memo.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Well it didn't long last year for someone to get s-note/ action memo working for the note 8. Hopefully the same for this year. Keep our fingers crossed.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded an older version of S-Note and the Action Memo shortcut and it works -- UNLESS you disable the notification that "S Memo is running"... then you have to reboot and it will work again from the pen menu (shortcut for Action Memo) -- I don't remember what the "picture note" is, but the features I remember from Note 2-3-4-5 are working...

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded an older version of S-Note and the Action Memo shortcut and it works -- UNLESS you disable the notification that "S Memo is running"... then you have to reboot and it will work again from the pen menu (shortcut for Action Memo)...

I just finished installing. Used the same version as with the Notes 7 & 8 - 5.2.04.25. Seems to be working as it should (still no PhotoNote or EasyChart).

I don't see the error you're getting. Maybe try this version when you can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77