Will Samsung bring back the classic S Note?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
But isn't S-Note still acting up? I've kind of stayed away from it because I spend more time trying to figure out how to get it to work "normal" than using it. I have it installed per the instructions in this thread...version and all. Why Samsung...WHY?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It didn't work for me. I just wanted to see how the action memo worked because I never used it when we did have it.im so late and backwards. 🤣🤣

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get the action memo to successfully pin to the home screen? it's the only thing not working correctly with S- Note on my 9. It worked fine on my Note 8

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
But isn't S-Note still acting up...
Yep :( It works and it doesn't. For example, if I open a Memo, write some info, schedule a reminder (as long as it's a pre-chosen one & not a custom time!!) and save the Memo, all is well. However, if before saving it I touch the screen anywhere off the Memo, it goes poof and S Note freezes and I have to force stop. There are issues with many of the Link to Action choices. They mostly work (e.g., dialing a number, adding a contact, sending an email, etc.) but S Note still freezes and the Action Memo usually disappears.

... Why Samsung...WHY?
There's gotta be a way to contact DJ Koh. If we start a petition? Or hell, just link him to all the sh*t reviews on Samsung Notes in the Google Play Store, and on S Note itself when they first removed Action Memo. At the N9 unpacked event, I remember him saying something about listening to the Note users. Pretty sure he came into the picture the same year as the N7. Don't think that's a coincidence :/

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work for me. I just wanted to see how the action memo worked because I never used it when we did have it.im so late and backwards. 🤣🤣
Some of Action Memo is working, but definitely quirky. I wish Samsung would come to their damn senses! And in the mean time that someone at XDA performs their usual magic and comes up with a workaround.

sll1313

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I hope someone from Samsung reads this.

Dear Samsung,

You've listened to your customers regarding things such as bringing back the SD card, fingerprint reader placement and increased battery size. PLEASE bring bring back S-Note or at the very least, bring S-Note features to Samsung Notes.

Sincerely,
A Galaxy Note Fan

I was told to write it directly to them in their site, which I did and also has friends and family do as well. Also, you can move S Note files into Samsung Notes if you want to. I haven’t because I dud sideload the original S Note. Also you can get Photo Note working in landscape mode on the Note 8, just not in portrait and still no idea on how to get Easy Chart installed. I keep trying.

sll1313

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Looks like the previous method for installing S Note/Action Memo still works. I couldn't find anything for the Note 9 on XDA, but someone in reddit posted that it still works:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote9/comments/99kk8t/in_case_anyone_was_wondering_the_old_school_s

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/themes/app-s-note-5-2-04-25-extension-pack-s-t3673174

Right, it still works. Like I said, the only thing that doesn’t is Easy Chart. The issue isn’t the phone is the OS version. Nougat worked flawlessly, Oreo messed some of it up, will Pie mess it up completely? I really hope not. I can’t understand how Samsung doesn’t get it with all the comments posted in the Play Store, Galaxy Apps, their Website, and all of the others. However, I was told they only see it if you type it in their site directly to them, not even as a review on their apps. I still don’t get how they can miss it, when it’s everywhere. Ironically, I know people complain about not get the updates quick enough. That’s the one thing I don’t care about. Generally Samsung has all of the features already and if not all, most. Pie might be great, my main concern is that it messes up S Note, especially if it messes it up entirely. I just don’t get it! They have the best utility app out and they got rid of it for something inferior. Instead they could of just made it better and I really feel it would’ve given then even more of a competitive advantage. There’s a conversation that I was having with someone on XDA. He personally thought it was about 97% there. He had some great ideas that consisted of change the name to S Suite, have it be compatible with all of Office programs, and many other things that I can’t remember. Our conversation was awhile ago, but if you want to read it, it should be in the same place as mentioned above. He really had some great ideas to make it probably the best device to be used for Work or School (it probably already is, but with the original S Note by itself/with his suggestions it would be amazing). I think Samsung could even charge for it and I think people wouldn’t even bat an eye(that’s how good these changes were). Actually it just dawned on me, while I really don’t want to pay extra for anything, which I’m sure none of you do either, ALL of these companies are looking to make more and more. Apple is nickel and diming us so bad with their new phones, so I’m sure Samsung wouldn’t have an issue doing it to. I’m tired of the time and effort it took for me to get all of this installed and then when Oreo came to try and get it all done again (which I came close). I wouldn’t have an issue paying a nominal fee for all of the functionality it had (just to advoid the headache) and if they made it compatible with Office and put other features that could be used for professional or educational maybe even pay more. They keep trying with Dex, I would think this app would go hand and hand with helping to be more productive.

Sorry for going on a bit to long, but I’m just really annoyed and don’t want them to ruin the line going forward. We will at least get an idea when Pie comes out for 8 + 9. Maybe we will get lucky and Easy Chart could potentially work with it, even though I doubt it.

Bottom line, I was told to get as money people to write Samsung directly on their site.

sll1313

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That’s the version I used as well. With the other version mentioned, don’t you still have to install the extension pack in order to get some of features. Also, Sandra you can get Photo Note in landscape with a few tweaks to the way you installed it.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Right, it still works. Like I said, the only thing that doesn’t is Easy Chart....

Do you have any of the issues we've mentioned with S Note having to be force stopped if you use many of the "Link to Action" functions, or custom scheduling a reminder? Or touching elsewhere in the screen while writing an Action Memo? I had no issues on the N7 or N8 (tho I'm STILL avoiding Oreo on the N8!).

Do you have a link to anywhere on Samsung's site where we can post any of this? I'd love to get the word out so all the people complaining here, on XDA, in both app stores' reviews, can all tell them how sh!tty Samsung Notes is, and how many of us want S Note, in its entirety back. And hell yess, I'd pay! S Note is a good percentage of why I've stuck with the Note line all along, both phones & tablets.

UltimaOrigin

Nov 23, 2018
Visit site
I really need S Note on Note 9... It was an amazing tool i used on my Note 4 all the time. Please Please Please... I probably should not have upgraded to the Note 9...

How do we petition for this...

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I use snote only to keep one of every template. I then use Samsung Notes and import the snote template that I want by importing from snote.

Works like a charm and I do not lose the snote template capability now in Samsung notes.

Last edited:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I use snore only to keep one of every template. I then use Samsung Noted and import the snote template that I want by importing from snote.

Works like a charm and I do t lose the snote template capability now in Samsung notes.

Good idea. Thanks :)

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
If you have a Samsung Note phone, this is a must have, I remember these tools on the Note Edge, great.

Must use the links on the first page of this thread.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Note 9 the other day, and I'm still reading the user's manual. I don't know about s note, but I use Google Keep and it works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay