Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So when will the Note 9 likely ship for pre orders?

I guess it's time to make a thread about ordering and when we get the device.

last time Samsung.com and the carriers shipped it early. Best Buy made you wait until that Friday as usual.

Everything is hinting at 8/24 as the in store release date.

is it likely they ship out Sunday night and we get them Monday the 20th or on Tue, or maybe Friday the 17th?

My honest opinion is that this time around we are not getting it very early regardless where you get it, similar to the Note 7.

Just due to the media event on the 9th and the calendar. I know we likely won't have them by next fri, a week early. That would be too soon from the unpacking event.

My guess is that Wed or Thur we get it. Just a day or two early.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: So when will the Note 9 likely ship for pre orders?

Verizon shipped the Note8 over the Labor Day Weekend last year so that most pre-orders were in consumers' eager hands on Tuesday the 5th of September. This beat the wide release of the Note8 by ten days. I do not expect a courtesy like that this year but to see Verizon's pre-orders begin to arrive several days before the 24th of August wouldn't surprise me.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Verizon shipped the Note8 over the Labor Day Weekend last year so that most pre-orders were in consumers' eager hands on Tuesday the 5th of September. This beat the wide release of the Note8 by ten days. I do not expect a courtesy like that this year but to see Verizon's pre-orders begin to arrive several days before the 24th of August wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah I was shocked when I got notification from Verizon saying note8 had shipped and I got it on sept 5th. Like you I doubt that will happen again this year except maybe a day or 2 early. But if they want to ship note 9 out that early again this year I'll surely take it lol.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I was shocked when I got notification from Verizon saying note8 had shipped and I got it on sept 5th. Like you I doubt that will happen again this year except maybe a day or 2 early. But if they want to ship note 9 out that early again this year I'll surely take it lol.

Hear, hear. ;-)

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

T-Mobile is really good about shipping out early. I remember when I got my S7 Edge nearly a week and half before release date. I can't see that case here. I'm thinking that Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

T-Mobile is really good about shipping out early. I remember when I got my S7 Edge nearly a week and half before release date. I can't see that case here. I'm thinking that Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Simple reason I don't see that is because of the way the dates fall. Between the 9th and 24th the official store release is only 15 days in between. Plus maybe with labor day last year they wanted to get the phones pumped out before then.

If pre orders start on Thur, Fri or the following Monday I just don't see them suddenly pumping out the phones for shipment that fast. I think we all get them between the 22nd and 24th.

I want it NOW, but hell I don't even have a case for it yet. I really don't want it yet if I have no case for it because it will just sit in the box until I get a decent case anyway.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I guess it's time to make a thread about ordering and when we get the device.

last time Samsung.com and the carriers shipped it early. Best Buy made you wait until that Friday as usual.

Everything is hinting at 8/24 as the in store release date.

is it likely they ship out Sunday night and we get them Monday the 20th or on Tue, or maybe Friday the 17th?

My honest opinion is that this time around we are not getting it very early regardless where you get it, similar to the Note 7.

Just due to the media event on the 9th and the calendar. I know we likely won't have them by next fri, a week early. That would be too soon from the unpacking event.

My guess is that Wed or Thur we get it. Just a day or two early.
Presume with your date being round the wrong way you are taking about America land?

Here in the UK they were delivered on release day at the earliest.
I would imagine it's the same again.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Order done.

Pre order done. Blue 128GB.
Same price as last year's black 64GB.
( 512GB variety £200 more here )

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Order done.

Have you gone direct via Samsung?

I'm hanging fire until I see/feel one in the flesh. I'm with O2 (personal and business); so will see what they offer as well to begin with

Must admit; it's very tempting!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I see where best buy doing preorders starting at 12:01am tomorrow. Haven't heard anything bout verizon

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

I thought last years Note 8 was £869.99?
Was hoping for a brown one to be honest but blue and black look good. Note sure it's worth the extra £200 for 8gb memory though.
Did you go through the upgrade program?
Any sign of pre order goodies?

Last edited:

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I thought last years Note 8 was £869.99?
Was hoping for a brown one to be honest but blue and black look good. Note sure it's worth the extra £200 for 8gb memory though.
Did you go through the upgrade program?
Any sign of pre order goodies?
Yeah. Upgrade program.
£30 off for doing so, taking it to £869.

No pre order goodies noted as of yet. No supprise there.

thienloi

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
The Note 9 will be sold in two configurations: there’s a 128GB / 6GB RAM model for $999 and a top-tier 512GB / 8GB RAM version for $1,250. Preorders begin on August 10th, and the phone will be available on August 24th at all major carriers or direct (and unlocked) from Samsung.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Yeah. Upgrade program.
£30 off for doing so, taking it to £869.

No pre order goodies noted as of yet. No supprise there.

£30 off? Does that happen after you've been through the trade in stage?
Still very interested, blue or black, hmmmmm

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I signed up for pre-order and they are supposed to follow up via email, but nothing yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

£30 off? Does that happen after you've been through the trade in stage?
Still very interested, blue or black, hmmmmm
Didn't do trade in.

I added my phone to basket, then logged into upgrade lounge. Followed instructions from there where I had to grade my note 8.
Before I signed anything it gave me the total. Wording was something along lines of £30 for upgrading.Screenshot_20180809-195435_Gmail.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Guys, based on the fine print on the "reserve now" section for pre ordering and trade in, It says the promotion is 8/10 thru 8/23 which means likely midnight you can order it either PT or ET.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam