Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

10-04-2018 02:43 PM
2,694 ... 101102103104105 ...
tools
    Race4life, I ordered the very same version as you did on the 22nd. They kept changing the date on me as well. I tried to hold on due to the amount they were going to give me for my S7e but I gave up a little over a week ago and ordered the unlocked version from Amazon and sold my S7e on Swappa.
    I don't have all the features as I would have on the ATT version but still love the phone and I didn't quite get the same amount for my phone on Swappa that I would at Samsung but thought with them running me around this way what would happen if I needed a repair or warranty exchange? Plus I got a better gift with Amazon than Samsung. Got the wireless duo charging pad and dex pad.. Could use them more than the headphones anyway. The phone I got from Amazon is perfect. Got it two days after I placed the order.
    Did you consider just walking into ATT store and buying the phone? I'm just glad I got tmobile so I can buy unlocked. I think I'm using Amazon next time too. So far I've been okay rolling the dice ordering from Samsung but I'm sure that luck would end eventually LOL.

Only downside is you might get it a couple days later from Amazon but that's okay since the pre order gifts are better and if you have an issue they're better to deal with then samsung which is a nightmare to deal with.

B&H is a great option too. No sales tax.

It would be awesome if Amazon started carrying carrier phones.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-19-2018 03:09 PM
    Did you consider just walking into ATT store and buying the phone? I'm just glad I got tmobile so I can buy unlocked. I think I'm using Amazon next time too. So far I've been okay rolling the dice ordering from Samsung but I'm sure that luck would end eventually LOL.

Only downside is you might get it a couple days later from Amazon but that's okay since the pre order gifts are better and if you have an issue they're better to deal with then samsung which is a nightmare to deal with.

B&H is a great option too. No sales tax.

It would be awesome if Amazon started carrying carrier phones.
    I have thought about getting it at att but they are not giving me $450 for my Pixel 2 XL. I wish I could switch to tmobile (bad service at my house) so I could use an unlocked phone and still get all the features. I don't want to spend high dollar on a phone and not be able to have all the features. I'll wait it out for a couple of weeks, if not the week of the 30th, I'll cancel and wait for something else. I did use the purple one for 10 days before I had to return it.
    09-19-2018 05:30 PM
    Has anyone received any info on your delayed Note 9. I ordered 17Aug, Verizon 512 blue from samsung.com If anyone has received your phone and it is the same variant as mine I'd appreciate feedback. 33 days and counting. Agents only say to wait for a shipping email, really?
    09-19-2018 10:55 PM
    Has anyone received any info on your delayed Note 9. I ordered 17Aug, Verizon 512 blue from samsung.com If anyone has received your phone and it is the same variant as mine I'd appreciate feedback. 33 days and counting. Agents only say to wait for a shipping email, really?
    Nope, gave up calling Samsung. At this rate it looks like the new iPhone will come out before I get my pre ordered note; so much disappointment.
    09-20-2018 05:27 AM
    I just go the following email from Samsung and got all excited that my phone finally shipped. Nope, just tell me something that I already knew, that Samsung F'ed this launch up.

"WE HIT A SPEED BUMP

We know you’re excited to get your new Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Unfortunately, we’re experiencing higher than expected demand, due to which there is a delay in shipping out your order # XXXXXXXX. We are working hard to get your order shipped soon, and expect it will ship by Sep 29 2018.

Once your device ships, you will get a shipment confirmation email with the tracking information.

If you opted for expedited shipping, we will refund the shipping charges back to your account, within next 7 business days.

We value you as a loyal Samsung Customer and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please visit our My Orders Page where you can review and track the status of your order.

Samsung Customer Care"
    09-20-2018 02:31 PM
    I've been following this thread quietly and patiently because I knew that when I ordered
    (ATT 512GB Blue) on 08/20, I was told that it would ship around 09/23 (or was it 09/28?). I just received an email from Samsung that informed me my order will be delayed for more than 30 days. So I called to clarify - as in 30 days from NOW? Yep, that's the answer. They are just as frustrated because they thought it was going to be shipped on the 23rd too because that's what it said on their website. The rep said Samsung moved the date on them and they are stuck because they told people who called that day. FYI, it says 7-10 days on their website now.

I'm not in a hurry, so I will wait it out. Besides, who's going to give me $300 for my Note 5 trade-in?? Samsung did. So, I'll tough it out. My Note 5 is fine, until I try to use Google Maps. Then it lags like hell and it's stressful when you need to make split decision on a traffic situation. That's why I'm upgrading.
    kct1975 likes this.
    09-20-2018 03:04 PM
    just ordered 512GB copper color.
    09-20-2018 03:26 PM
    ... My Note 5 is fine, until I try to use Google Maps. Then it lags like hell and it's stressful when you need to make split decision on a traffic situation. That's why I'm upgrading.
    I am glad to hear that I am not the only person having problems with Google Maps on my Note 5.

I have a Note 5 myself, and I have been experiencing the same problem myself!

Sometimes Google Maps can't lock on to any GPS.

Also at times, on my Note 5, Google Maps can't seem to figure out where I am. One time I was using Google Maps on my Note 5 in Virginia, and Google Maps thought that I was somewhere in New York.

Similar to you, one of the main reasons I am upgrading to the Note 9 because I can't handle the problems with Google Maps and the GPS problems on my Note 5
    09-20-2018 04:01 PM
    I'm very curious about this because you ordered the variant I want. I don't preorder so just waiting. I'm going to check out the iPhone XS Maxx 512 with an open mind.
    09-20-2018 04:04 PM
    I received the same email. "Speed bump".. At their rate of speed, I'm sure the bump was barely noticed. Frankly, I'm not amused Samsung finds it well enough to be light hearted about this.
    I just go the following email from Samsung and got all excited that my phone finally shipped. Nope, just tell me something that I already knew, that Samsung F'ed this launch up.

"WE HIT A SPEED BUMP

We know you’re excited to get your new Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Unfortunately, we’re experiencing higher than expected demand, due to which there is a delay in shipping out your order # XXXXXXXX. We are working hard to get your order shipped soon, and expect it will ship by Sep 29 2018.

Once your device ships, you will get a shipment confirmation email with the tracking information.

If you opted for expedited shipping, we will refund the shipping charges back to your account, within next 7 business days.

We value you as a loyal Samsung Customer and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please visit our My Orders Page where you can review and track the status of your order.

Samsung Customer Care"
    09-20-2018 05:46 PM
    Just get of the phone with them apparently my unlocked blue 512 will be shipped by sept 23
    09-20-2018 05:54 PM
    I just talked to an agent about that email yesterday and he said it is not an additional 30 but more of an alert that your item has not shipped since the day of ordering which for me was literally at the 30 day mark.
    09-20-2018 06:11 PM
    I just talked to an agent about that email yesterday and he said it is not an additional 30 but more of an alert that your item has not shipped since the day of ordering which for me was literally at the 30 day mark.
    I specifically askes if that was additional 39 days and the agent clearly has no clue. Yep, I ordered mine on the 20th too. The option to cancel is no longer on the order page for me. Hopefully that's good news.
    CSMastodon likes this.
    09-20-2018 08:55 PM
    Just get of the phone with them apparently my unlocked blue 512 will be shipped by sept 23
    You can go on amazon right now and get the 512 in stock. I don't know why you waited all this time. Amazon has better gift items with it too. The Note 10 I will order from Amazon unlocked so I don't have to roll the dice with Samsung each time.
    09-20-2018 08:59 PM
    You can go on amazon right now and get the 512 in stock. I don't know why you waited all this time. Amazon has better gift items with it too. The Note 10 I will order from Amazon unlocked so I don't have to roll the dice with Samsung each time.
    Do you know what Amazon's return policy is on cell phones (Note 9)?
    09-21-2018 07:17 AM
    Ordering on Verizon says receive it by Oct. 12th, when I re-ordered the phone Tuesday 9/18 (Dumped the headphone preorder for the Gear S3 watch, wireless charger, and fortnite cash) the samsung site said ships week of the 30th. We'll see.
    09-21-2018 10:21 AM
    My co-worker showed up this morning with his new iPhone X. I'm still waiting on my pre-order from 8/10 (yawn)...
    09-21-2018 01:54 PM
    Not really im using their samsung financing i think it will be hasle to cancel it all now.
    09-21-2018 02:54 PM
    Finally got a shipping notification today. Ordered on the 14th of August, using Samsung finance. If you opted in for the text message notifications you will get the message before you see it online unless you're sitting there watching the website.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread-20180922_142451.jpg  
    09-22-2018 02:30 PM
    Awesome. I ordered mine on the 20th. So hopefully mine's just perhaps a week away.
    09-22-2018 06:25 PM
    Awesome. I ordered mine on the 20th. So hopefully mine's just perhaps a week away.
    Theory: when the option to "cancel order" is gone from the order then that means that it's shipping to the US from one of Samsung's manufacturers somewhere in Asia. It took about as long as a wish.com order takes to ship from China. Just speculation though. But with wish.com you know it's going to be a long wait; with Samsung you have no idea if you're even going to get your phone this year.
    09-22-2018 11:46 PM
    Do you know what Amazon's return policy is on cell phones (Note 9)?
    The one I bought on amazon I had to register with Samsung support for my 24 months warranty (Europe) and Samsung handled the warranty repair directly (disaster to deal with)
    09-23-2018 04:52 AM
    Theory: when the option to "cancel order" is gone from the order then that means that it's shipping to the US from one of Samsung's manufacturers somewhere in Asia. It took about as long as a wish.com order takes to ship from China. Just speculation though. But with wish.com you know it's going to be a long wait; with Samsung you have no idea if you're even going to get your phone this year.
    Cool. My option to cancel disappeared about a few days ago. How long did it take between your option to cancel to disappear to getting the shipping notification?
    09-23-2018 09:46 AM
    Well I just threw in the towel. Pre-ordered on August 11th, got the Speed Bump email a month later saying it would ship by the September 29th, then today was told it will ship October 7th.
    09-23-2018 11:58 AM
    Cool. My option to cancel disappeared about a few days ago. How long did it take between your option to cancel to disappear to getting the shipping notification?
    I'd say about 3 weeks after the cancel button disappeared I got the shipping notification. Not sure how true that is because there are other people on here that ordered before me and I'm not sure if they got their shipping info yet...
    09-23-2018 01:06 PM
2,694 ... 101102103104105 ...