Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Edit, ok I saw the link later. DEX is built into the Note 9. I am unsure how that would work because all you need is the USB_C to HDMI or other input cable.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Downside ordering from Amazon is that you probably will get it on Aug 25th then.

Only thing with them is I would NOT trust USPS with my phone, especially around here and making sure it gets to the correct person. I'd much rather trust fedex and Ups.

I guess if you want a better value then it's best to order from Amazon, Sams, Costco or B&H but people like myself want it and want it NOW even if it means losing out on a few bucks or freebies.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Here it is
Samsung Electronics Note9 Factory Unlocked Phone with 6.4" Screen and 512GB (U.S. Warranty) with DeX Pad and Wireless Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G7FJ8T...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6301799

wow!! this looks like a super deal!! so, would this purchase also qualify for the AKG wireless headphones? - any foreseen problems with redeeming it thru samsung? this looks like the best deal yet for me as it'll even earn amazon rewards points:)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
wow!! this looks like a super deal!! so, would this purchase also qualify for the AKG wireless headphones? - any foreseen problems with redeeming it thru samsung? this looks like the best deal yet for me as it'll even earn amazon rewards points:)

Once you receive the phone you got to go thru Samsung promotions site or shop Samsung app to claim the rebate. Don't see why there should be a problem.

https://samsungpromotions.com/workplay/

"From 8/10/2018 - 8/23/2018, purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note9 on device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease or outright purchase at full retail price (“Qualifying Purchase”), submit claim & choose: 1) AKG noise cancellation headphones (est. value $299); 2) “Game Bundle” (est. value $150); or 3) “Bundle” with AKG noise cancellation headphones & Game Bundle for $99 (est. value $449) (each a “Gift”). By 9/13/2018, using the Samsung App on the Qualifying Purchase device, follow instructions to submit required info and choose Gift. Allow approx 6-8 weeks for shipping. "

Last edited:

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Once you receive the phone you got to go thru Samsung promotions site or shop Samsung app to claim the rebate. Don't see why there should be a problem.

https://samsungpromotions.com/workplay/

"From 8/10/2018 - 8/23/2018, purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note9 on device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease or outright purchase at full retail price (“Qualifying Purchase”), submit claim & choose: 1) AKG noise cancellation headphones (est. value $299); 2) “Game Bundle” (est. value $150); or 3) “Bundle” with AKG noise cancellation headphones & Game Bundle for $99 (est. value $449) (each a “Gift”). By 9/13/2018, using the Samsung App on the Qualifying Purchase device, follow instructions to submit required info and choose Gift. Allow approx 6-8 weeks for shipping. "

thanks for the info!! I usually get my phones thru T-mobile and I was considering trying and unlocked from Samsung, but looks like i'll go thru Amazon this go around. too good to pass up now!:)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Believe me I want it now as well but when I'm paying that much I will take whatever freebies I can get for few days difference. Also, we don't know the exact date Amazon will ship. Estimated is 24th since that's the release date, they could ship early as well if they get stock from Samsung early. I won't be that surprised if pretty much everyone gets stock around same time Digital River (Samsung direct), Amazon, Best buy, carriers etc. Either way I won't lose much sleep over few days here and there.
Downside ordering from Amazon is that you probably will get it on Aug 25th then.

Only thing with them is I would NOT trust USPS with my phone, especially around here and making sure it gets to the correct person. I'd much rather trust fedex and Ups.

I guess if you want a better value then it's best to order from Amazon, Sams, Costco or B&H but people like myself want it and want it NOW even if it means losing out on a few bucks or freebies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Believe me I want it now as well but when I'm paying that much I will take whatever freebies I can get for as few days difference. Also, we don't know the exact date Amazon will ship. Estimated is 24th since that's the release date, they could ship early as well if they get stock from Samsung early. I won't be that surprised if pretty much everyone gets stock around same time Digital River (Samsung direct), Amazon, Best buy, carriers etc. Either way I won't lose much sleep over few days here and there.

Except Best Buy won't release the phone to you until that Friday, when everyone else gets to buy it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I always have liked unlocked devices, just don't like the principle of carriers doing anything to the device even though it's very minimal and can be disabled. I just don't like it

Just FYI, you will get updates slower on the Samsung US unlocked models compared to carrier models. Just setting expectations if you aren't familiar with how it went with previous models. Also, you should be good with WiFi calling and VoLTE, works fine for TMobile on unlocked model.
thanks for the info!! I usually get my phones thru T-mobile and I was considering trying and unlocked from Samsung, but looks like i'll go thru Amazon this go around. too good to pass up now!:)

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I always have liked unlocked devices, just don't like the principle of carriers doing anything to the device even though it's very minimal and can be disabled. I just don't like it

Just FYI, you will get updates slower on the Samsung US unlocked models compared to carrier models. Just setting expectations if you aren't familiar with how it went with previous models. Also, you should be good with WiFi calling and VoLTE, works fine for TMobile on unlocked model.

yeah, all I've read regarding getting updates is unlocked is pretty much last. but I think I'm okay with that. looking forward to trying an unlocked one now. now, what to do with 512gb?:)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah, all I've read regarding getting updates is unlocked is pretty much last. but I think I'm okay with that. looking forward to trying an unlocked one now. now, what to do with 512gb?:)

Haha same here, may be load up with podcasts, music, photos what not and never ever worry about running out of space. I like the 512 GB but I would have probably settled with 128 GB if that also had 8 GB RAM. Yeah I know the difference might not be noticeable but I like to have the max ram possible when buying.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I pre-ordered my Blue, 512GB Note 9, even if just to prove that I can be as much a nut as the rest of you on here. Not gonna let you out-nut me. Besides, I've been telling them for a long time that they should be putting 4000mah batteries in the big Note phones - now how can I turn my back when they finally listened to me? Damn them for calling my bluff!

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well, I pre-ordered my Blue, 512GB Note 9, if even just to prove that I can be as much a nut as the rest of you on here. Not gonna let you out-nut me. Been telling them for a long time that they should be putting 4000mah batteries in the big Note phones - now how can I turn my back when they finally listened to me? Damn them for calling my bluff!

Lmao😁

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Haha same here, may be load up with podcasts, music, photos what not and never ever worry about running out of space. I like the 512 GB but I would have probably settled with 128 GB if that also had 8 GB RAM. Yeah I know the difference might not be noticeable but I like to have the max ram possible when buying.

I too would've been fine with the 128gb since there and sd slot, but I also wanted the 8gb:) I'm coming from an S9+ so may as well bump things up LOL. I'll probably never make use of it though

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the 128gb. Every time I read through the AC forums, I seem to get the Tech Disease!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the 128gb. Every time I read through the AC forums, I seem to get the Tech Disease!

Lol I knew when I subscribed to the Note 9 forums that I'll get suckered into ordering one as well

Welcome to the club !!!

Fares Elias

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I just went on the app and ordered mine! 128gb version. Even with the $400 s8 plus trade in, the 8gb model is just too much for a phone and I wouldn't even use half of the 512gb anyway.

I also ordered the rugged case too. Something to hold me off until I can get a generic Defender.

Oh and I noticed it didn't give me the option to pay $14 for overnight shipping, just free 2 day shipping. I guess the Note 8 shipping fiasco they don't want to go through the hassle of issuing all those shipping refunds.

I hope I get it by that Friday stay.

I WANT NOTE 9 AND I WANT IT NOW!!

If i pre order the note 9 when i'll be able to get it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol