Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Guys please help im on usa for trip an i want tge note 9 so bad . So if pre order one will i get it before 22 of august or its impossible

Hard to say to be honest, some carriers quicker to release than others, Samsung UK was bang on release day last year but one thing you can do is change your delivery address to where you'll be at the time :)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I dropped in best buy yesterday, played with it for few minutes. Very snappy, no lags, no stutters and everything was super smooth. Experience felt very similar to S9+ since there isn't any major UI change. Phone actually didn't feel any bigger than S9+ or Note 8 etc. If you are comfortable with them, this is very similar size.

Stepped to next counter where the the new Tab S4 was, played with it and damn that thing stutters even when swiping between screens.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Free Dex Pad just got delivered from Amazon (love that fast prime shipping ).
Problem? Don't have the phone still and don't even have a monitor at home

Will probably keep this at work and try it out just for fun when the phone delivers. Wireless charger duo is delivering tomorrow which I'm more interested in. I'm all in on wireless charging and have it everywhere in the house and work. Glad Pixel 3 will also have wireless charging since I hate everytime I have to plug in the pixel 2 XL for charging.

bbc185cd663dfd3d129ac191c2acc4b8.jpg

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Sell the pad. DEX is built into the Note 9. I am unsure how that will work together, but all you need is a USB-C cable to the input on your monitor.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah was thinking about selling, but it retails for $69.99 so may be I'll get around $50 if I sell it. Not much so I will just keep it and may be use once in a while. It'll help resale value later when selling the phone and I'll include this as part of the sale.

It'll work fine, you connect to the USB C on the dock. And then you connect the dock to the monitor. Advantage of dock is it'll also charge while being docked and also there is a fan to help keep the phone cool. I'm pretty sure when you dock the Note 9 it'll recognize it's connected to the Dex Pad and behave like how the S9 and other phones behave.

Personally, I don't think of my workflow where I want to use this. But it's free so might try just for giggles once in a while and may be a cool demo
Sell the pad. DEX is built into the Note 9. I am unsure how that will work together, but all you need is a USB-C cable to the input on your monitor.

hammerdown49

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Actually I picked mine up last year on Thursday @ Best Buy in Avon, IN. I received an email late morning that day from BB that I could come pick it up. So it was one day early.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's a good price. I think if you have S8 and older, trade in prices are decent and good. But for newer ones better prices selling outside of trade in. Before someone jumps in and says they are not targeting you if you have S9 etc. Yes I definitely get that but since they do offer trade in for newer phones as well it's not a good deal for those phones
I preordered mine and they're giving me $400 for my s8 active. That's pretty good given recent sell prices on swappa.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The last few Samsung phone releases some people got them early. If you're on Verizon tho they'll keep the thing at a FedEx warehouse until release day lol.

Lol us Verizon customers got the note8 on sept 5th last year. Which was shocking. Doubt that would happen this year tho

Fares Elias

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
Im in ca state(in my cousin house) i want to pre order it unlocked on samsung website is there any difference. Im really excited cuz im gonna make a huge upgrade from galaxy s6 to the note 9 but i wanna make sure i will be able to get it before (22)
And please can u tell me what excatly pre-order mean?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Im in ca state(in my cousin house) i want to pre order it unlocked on samsung website is there any difference. Im really excited cuz im gonna make a huge upgrade from galaxy s6 to the note 9 but i wanna make sure i will be able to get it before (22)
And please can u tell me what excatly pre-order mean?
There's maybe less than a 10% chance you get it by the 22nd. Pre order just means you're ordering something before it is available to go out and purchase. Essentially you are paying ahead of time do something you expect to receive once it is available to the general public.