Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else not as impressed as they thought they'd be with the battery life? Ill wait until tomorrow when I get a real world full day with it to really decide...guess i was just expecting a bit more given the hype

I never go by the initial day. Setting up the phone alone kills battery. Plus you gotta get few a few battery cycles first too to get the battery broken in properly so to speak.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else not as impressed as they thought they'd be with the battery life? Ill wait until tomorrow when I get a real world full day with it to really decide...guess i was just expecting a bit more given the hype
You really can't go off of day 1 or even 2 or 3 for battery. It needs about 3 full cycles before it will get the true battery life it's supposed to

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have been visiting Samsung site still debating about ordering with a trade in. Today they are saying would ship week of 9/30.

neuronpool

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Just finished setting mine up! My thumbs are very much appreciating the s pen for typing, I have bad carpel tunnel

Coming from stock Android on 4 devices in a row, the Samsung software experience isn't half bad. I do want to get rid of the bixby screen and remap the button though

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I happen to have Sprint service please don't ask me why LOL. I am very unhappy with it. What I would like to do for right now is maybe just get it switched over to another carrier cuz there's no reasoning hell this shouldn't activate on their Network

Should go to Tmobile. yea it might cost a bit more but all the same features like Wificalling and visual voicemail work with tmobile.

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's a dumb question. I've received my Note and I'm loving it so far. Now, I pulled the plastic off of the front and back of the phone, but it seems like there might be plastic going around the top and on the sides. Feels a little scratchy and looks like plastic. However, I don't see an obvious way to pull it off and I don't want to accidentally scratch anything. Am I crazy or is there more protective plastic on the sides/top/bottom?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Here's a dumb question. I've received my Note and I'm loving it so far. Now, I pulled the plastic off of the front and back of the phone, but it seems like there might be plastic going around the top and on the sides. Feels a little scratchy and looks like plastic. However, I don't see an obvious way to pull it off and I don't want to accidentally scratch anything. Am I crazy or is there more protective plastic on the sides/top/bottom?
I thought the same thing. I was going to check it out a little closer but got busy and now am just enjoying using it. Will check into that soon. I know with the 8 - there was a thin later on the edges/top/bottom that peeled off (clear platic)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Okay that's started bothering me so take a look at it is actually all the way around and I've taken it off. It's a very thin film.
e3c342e64ce85959b5eaa4adb850a9a2.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
What a day. Couldn't swap the BYOD Sprint Sim from the unlocked Note 8 into the Note 9 successfully at home (had no issue doing this from home between the Note 8 and an S8 Plus, both unlocked, a couple of times, straight from the Sprint site) - so after the failure at home, thought I could walk into Sprint and have them do it quick. That was NOTthe case. Over an hour later after 5 or 6 failed attempts at it activating on their network and two calls of them calling their main whatever dept, I left. I had been there so long I was late getting my daughter picked up from her vocational program so I wasn't happy with that, plu when I left, they'd moved my original number off the Note 8, it wouldn't activate on NOte 9 even though the phone was showing in my account, so the number was in limbo and i had no phone number for calling, texting any family - husband or kids. After a 2nd failure at attempting to get Sprint online help from home, I said the hell with it, walked into a TMobile store, and asked about the Prepaid service ( can't get postpaid at this time for a few reasons, so Prepaid was the option at the time). The guy got right into it and activated it without a single issue!! Flew threw their screens and didn't really have an explanation as to why Sprint couldn't activate it, other than they were doing something wrong. I figured that myself. lol. So now I'm very happy with how it's doing on the TMobile prepaid network :):)
Should go to Tmobile. yea it might cost a bit more but all the same features like Wificalling and visual voicemail work with tmobile.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What a day. Couldn't swap the BYOD Sprint Sim from the unlocked Note 8 into the Note 9 successfully at home (had no issue doing this from home between the Note 8 and an S8 Plus, both unlocked, a couple of times, straight from the Sprint site) - so after the failure at home, thought I could walk into Sprint and have them do it quick. That was NOTthe case. Over an hour later after 5 or 6 failed attempts at it activating on their network and two calls of them calling their main whatever dept, I left. I had been there so long I was late getting my daughter picked up from her vocational program so I wasn't happy with that, plu when I left, they'd moved my original number off the Note 8, it wouldn't activate on NOte 9 even though the phone was showing in my account, so the number was in limbo and i had no phone number for calling, texting any family - husband or kids. After a 2nd failure at attempting to get Sprint online help from home, I said the hell with it, walked into a TMobile store, and asked about the Prepaid service ( can't get postpaid at this time for a few reasons, so Prepaid was the option at the time). The guy got right into it and activated it without a single issue!! Flew threw their screens and didn't really have an explanation as to why Sprint couldn't activate it, other than they were doing something wrong. I figured that myself. lol. So now I'm very happy with how it's doing on the TMobile prepaid network :):)

According to Sprint verified employees on the Sprint Reddit group, the Note 9 has not yet been white listed for use on Sprint, and can't yet be activated. Odd way to start a launch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37