6GB of RAM vs 8GB of RAM

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I used to say 4 gigs of ram memory was plenty, that 6 wasn't needed. I got the note 8 and found that I was wrong. Will 4 get the job done, absolutely, but the 6 on the note 8 made this a smooth, fast running phone the whole year, no hick ups at all.

I went with the 512, because of the following reasons. The extra ram, it's more future proof phone, and if I sell it next year that extra $250 will come right back to me anyway. I'll never need all that memory, I probably won't even use a SD card, internal memory is faster anyway. I will also have the top of the line phone on the market, Apple won't even touch this phone with their release. Just think, you can have up to 1 TB of storage on this thing, AMAZING.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
8GB for normal users is way overkill IMO

6GB RAM and 128GB storage is about as much as any standard user will need (unless they really need to store that many photos/vids/music etc); but then, you just add an SD card!

Unless you're a hardcore gamer; I cannot see what 8GB RAM is needed, unless you just simply want it :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

6GB RAM and 128GB storage is about as much as any standard user will need (unless they really need to store that many photos/vids/music etc); but then, you just add an SD card!

Unless you're a hardcore gamer; I cannot see what 8GB RAM is needed, unless you just simply want it :)
Looks like the 128 gig is the phone for you.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

It's not "needed" but I do think it is reasonable to believe that there will be some performance benefits, especially as the phone ages.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
If you are planning to keep the phone for a while, you should opt for the 8GB version. Thats what that model is catered to, people who are gonna rock it for at least a year and a half or so.

I know myself better than that though, lol, and I know as much as I tell myself I'm not going to, I'm gonna want that S10 next year. So, for me, 128 GB model is gonna be okay.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If you are planning to keep the phone for a while, you should opt for the 8GB version. Thats what that model is catered to, people who are gonna rock it for at least a year and a half or so.

I know myself better than that though, lol, and I know as much as I tell myself I'm not going to, I'm gonna want that S10 next year. So, for me, 128 GB model is gonna be okay.

Yea same here. You know I will get the next model.

Here is the interesting question. Lets say they don't make the Note 10 like rumored and make the larger S phone come with an Spen.

Does the S10 come with the spen? That would be pretty close to the Note 9 launch or do they skip the spen in the s10 and keep selling the Note 9 until the s11?

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yea same here. You know I will get the next model.

Here is the interesting question. Lets say they don't make the Note 10 like rumored and make the larger S phone come with an Spen.

Does the S10 come with the spen? That would be pretty close to the Note 9 launch or do they skip the spen in the s10 and keep selling the Note 9 until the s11?
I don't believe they are going to kill off the Note line. I know that's the big rumor but I really don't see it. I think the more likely scenario is they get rid of a "plus" model S type and just have one version (or one size) that fits into the plus category.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe they are going to kill off the Note line. I know that's the big rumor but I really don't see it. I think the more likely scenario is they get rid of a "plus" model S type and just have one version (or one size) that fits into the plus category.

That's what I'm thinking, but then they should simply just make the plus model size then. That would hurt Samsung if they just had the smaller one as their flagship until the next note comes out.

They would be better IMO to Keep the Note line but call the S11 and S11 + Note and regular s11 and just have one yearly launch. Call it the S11 + Note

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying 8 GB is absolutely needed, but these arguments happen every time there is a jump. I can recall days when people were arguing 4 GB is overkill and it's become normal now. I wouldn't be surprised over the next couple of years 8 GB will be given.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm not saying 8 GB is absolutely needed, but these arguments happen every time there is a jump. I can recall days when people were arguing 4 GB is overkill and it's become normal now. I wouldn't be surprised over the next couple of years 8 GB will be given.

Can understand that, but it is all personal preference and for someone like me, who swaps their devices more than their underwear, it doesn’t really matter that much :D

My Pixel 2 XL is more than adequate for my use, so I’m sure the 6GB Note 9 will be spot-on ;)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You are telling to me who still has a Pixel 2 XL and iPhone X, just recently sold S9+, V35, OP6. I also have similar issues and I'm pretty sure many of them in this forum has similar issues
Can understand that, but it is all personal preference and for someone like me, who swaps their devices more than their underwear, it doesn’t really matter that much :D

My Pixel 2 XL is more than adequate for my use, so I’m sure the 6GB Note 9 will be spot-on ;)

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
If it needs 8GB of RAM to operate smoothly the software needs to be tweaked. The A11 Bionic with 3GB of RAM still smokes the Note 9. The answer isn't more RAM, it's better code.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance