Blue and Purple only in US?

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the blue one. doesn't look like the note 8 blue which is a huge disappointment. I love this color. I also don't like the pen but I'm hoping it looks better in person. if not I'll return it. don't really like the lavendar.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Normally I'd just order a nice shinny black one so my wife wouldn't find out I bought a new, and unnecessary, phone... Now I can't. If I bring home a blue one for $1,200+ she'd kill me... Thanks a lot Samsung!

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
What’s the big deal about the color of the back of the phone when the first thing most people do is slap a case on it.
“It’s glass, it’s slippery. Must have case.” :p

polbit

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually love the fact that there is no black at lunch. Makes people choose an actual color :) Black is so boring. It's like the beige PCs back in the day...

It's a win for Samsung too, as it will be easier to notice the two color combos in the wild.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had black for the past few years now. I'm good with the blue. Although I would have liked the copper.

dantefarrar

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I’m definitely going to try to wait. I only want the black for sure. I’ll sacrifice those huge, but free headphones for a black one. Maybe by then there will be some yellow s-pens floating around to dress it up with.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Have searched every major carrier and retailer sites and it looks as if we'll only be getting blue and purple available at launch. Kinda surprised to see Samsung not going with a neutral color(black), but I guess it makes picking a color easier for everyone now.

Hey maybe they'll be a-holes and release the black one on black Friday so we can all be mad about it!

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone decided on a color yet? I may have to choose blue. Can't see myself with a purple phone. Is the blue same blue as the Note 8 blue?

It's not, actually. Search YouTube for SuperSaf's Note 9 unboxing to see a comparison of the two blues.

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
i wish Samsung was like Apple and just give us all the colors.
Apple does it too. They released 3 colors at launch for the 8/8 Plus and released a ProjectRed edition a few months later. It's all marketing hype. Sales will slow, as expected, and they release a special color to drum up interest again. They plan this stuff in advance so it's no accident that it happens this way

EddCentral

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Samsung's, Regional AND Later Release colors are becoming EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Just make all the colors available to all the markets they are selling products. S8 I wanted Maple Gold, unavailable; Note 8 I wanted Arctic Silver or Gold, unavailable; S9 I wanted Titanium Gray, Sunrise Gold, or Burgundy Red, unavailable; Note 9 I wanted Metallic Copper, unavailable

Once I purchase a phone, I am not going to repurchase one because my favorite color is released 3-6 months later. Release all the colors that will be produced all at once at product launch. It would make customers a lot happier with their final purchase.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm just happy I was able to preorder. Though black is my preference, I do like the blue so I decided to preorder the blue.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Project red edition of iPhone is always released during spring. Apple releases all other colors at launch and all colors is available in all markets unlike Samsung it's a toss up on which markets get what colors.
Apple does it too. They released 3 colors at launch for the 8/8 Plus and released a ProjectRed edition a few months later. It's all marketing hype. Sales will slow, as expected, and they release a special color to drum up interest again. They plan this stuff in advance so it's no accident that it happens this way