BestBuy: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Hjelliott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Just a helpful public service announcement....

I spoke with a helpful representative on the best buy mobile hotline. She said that the reason that people are seeing the new in-stock date of September is that whenever a customer Pre orders a phone and the phone doesn't scan on the day it was supposed to arrive, their system automatically spits out an email with a new date that is 30 days in the future.

She even said that she has been in the phone with people who are complaining about the email stating the 30 day delay, when, in fact, she can see real-time tracking that is showing the device on the truck out for delivery.

She thinks that the 512GB units should arrive this week.

To put it even more into perspective, she said that their system currently shows a shortage of only 184 512GB unlocked blue phones across the entire United States. That doesn't seem too bad to me.

I hope this helps a bit....

I hope this is true!! I'm impatiently waiting!!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm waiting on an unlocked... And the person commenting that I quoted was unlocked too... So not sure what your point is.
Point was about carrier phones. That's pure dumb if unlocked are running free on shelves. Unless those locations did not have unlocked preorders. Then should transfer them to nearby stores for ones that do have preorders (duh).

Local Best Buys are stressed. A whole lot of folks ordered 512s. Very few fulfilled and zero for Verizon. Virtually none accepted the plentiful 128 model so far as a replacement. Hence the stress. Accessory and insurance targets not going well as a result. TMI, but I guess it's supposed to make people like me that didn't get one feel better. They feel our pain ;)

Last edited:

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Point was about carrier phones. That's pure dumb if unlocked are running free on shelves. Unless those locations did not have unlocked preorders. Then should transfer them to nearby stores for ones that do have preorders (duh).

Local Best Buys are stressed. A whole lot of folks ordered 512s. Very few fulfilled and zero for Verizon. Virtually none accepted the plentiful 128 model so far as a replacement. Hence the stress. Accessory and insurance targets not going well as a result. TMI, but I guess it's supposed to make people like me that didn't get one feel better. They feel our pain ;)

This is on Samsung they need to held accountable for this because they vastly underestimated how many 512GB notes they would sell

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm also still waiting, called BB today because my status says "in progress". The BB rep said my device has been delayed as of now. I'll check again this upcoming week. I doubt BB thought they'd fill so many orders for the 512gb. I'll just be patiently waiting for mine 😊

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The problem is logistics and time. If 512s were under planned and there are none, we now have to wait for replenishment clearing customs from Asia, carriers receiving and bloating and fulfilling their own preorders and retail demand. THEN the carriers will send allocations to their selling agents.

To make it worse, any inbound replenishment now from Asia would be based on the previous under planned 512 mix. This means expedites from Asia to fulfill demand. Presuming production is in step to cover.

Seems for most of us, the wait would be much longer than expected. Does not seem we are talking less than a week here.

Jmacq1

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
So what I'm hearing is that if I wasn't a day-one preorder on the 512GB Blue from Verizon through Best Buy, I'm basically looking at sometime in the middle of next year for my phone arriving?

And even if I WAS a day one preorder it might not be filled until after the new year?

Since if the first restock is manufactured at the same ratios as the original wave, and the restock waves seem to be about 2 months apart, it seems like it might take two or three "restock" waves before even the day one preorders are filled.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So what I'm hearing is that if I wasn't a day-one preorder on the 512GB Blue from Verizon through Best Buy, I'm basically looking at sometime in the middle of next year for my phone arriving?

And even if I WAS a day one preorder it might not be filled until after the new year?

Since if the first restock is manufactured at the same ratios as the original wave, and the restock waves seem to be about 2 months apart, it seems like it might take two or three "restock" waves before even the day one preorders are filled.

Next year!? 6-9months away? Where'd you hear that?!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My guess is October until caught up and their going to take a financial hit. Probably some marketing responsible for forecast planning will be the scapegoat.

Counting the N7 battery issue, looks like two out three self inflicted fails for the Note line. Winning!

Note 7 demand was huge, but denied by the compressed battery.

Note 9 massive constraints will suck the wind out of the critical time of launch monentum.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My guess is October until caught up and their going to take a financial hit. Probably some marketing responsible for forecast planning will be the scapegoat.

Counting the N7 battery issue, looks like two out three self inflicted fails for the Note line. Winning!

So what happened with the iphone X that cost over $1k in price? The demand was not there...

They have people who have algorithms and calculations to do this type of forecasting and obviously the forecasting was off...but if they can back up their forecast with data what else can they do? You just don't throw some number out and say make 'X' number of phones....

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So what happened with the iphone X that cost over $1k in price? The demand was not there...

They have people who have algorithms and calculations to do this type of forecasting and obviously the forecasting was off...but if they can back up their forecast with data what else can they do? You just don't throw some number out and say make 'X' number of phones....
That seems the fair way, but I'm not familiar with that in practice... Whatever the case, we ain't all getting our 512s anytime soon.

Jack Gomez1

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
That seems the fair way, but I'm not familiar with that in practice... Whatever the case, we ain't all getting our 512s anytime soon.

My BB Rep told me that they had a shipment of 512s coming in from Verizon over the weekend and he told me that I would have my device this week. Currently it is in the in progress stage.

Jmacq1

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
Just get the 128. I wouldn't wait that long for the 512.

If you're upgrading with your carrier through Best Buy it's not that simple. You have to cancel your old order, and then wait for it to "clear out" of Verizon's system (about the fastest I've heard of for that is a week if you're constantly calling and pestering them about it...without it can take nearly a month), and then place a new order (and oh darn by then you don't get any of the promo pricing or anything like that).

I am mildly tempted to cancel my preorder and see what Apple comes up with next month, though.

My BB Rep told me that they had a shipment of 512s coming in from Verizon over the weekend and he told me that I would have my device this week. Currently it is in the in progress stage.

It's been my experience through this situation that in-store BB Reps don't have a clue what they're talking about, and generally don't know anything. Three days before launch my local Reps were like "No Problem, we're gonna get a ton of these in so you should totally have it on launch day."

On launch day...not a single 512GB Blue from Verizon. And I see people reporting on the internet anywhere from September 22nd (Apparently that's an auto-regenerate?) to Mid October (because that's when Verizon is saying you'll get your 512GB Blues if you ordered through them, and Verizon is going to fill their orders before they fill Best Buy's).

This weekend my local reps has basically been saying "We were hoping we'd get more this weekend, but...."

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have $350 in best buy gift cards, and am getting a promo trade in value (with two phones) of $700 that will all go toward my pre-ordered, blue, unlocked 512GB Note 9.

I need to grow up, and realize that with THAT kind of discount, I should suck it up and just wait until October if need be.

Oh, well!

Jmacq1

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
I have $350 in best buy gift cards, and am getting a promo trade in value (with two phones) of $700 that will all go toward my pre-ordered, blue, unlocked 512GB Note 9.

I need to grow up, and realize that with THAT kind of discount, I should suck it up and just wait until October if need be.

Oh, well!

Except by the time your phone comes in your trade-in will probably be worth less. A lot of them dropped in value specifically on Friday.

Mid-October is about the edge of what I'm willing to wait out. But from what some of the folks earlier in this thread have been saying, October may not even be enough to meet demand since the resupply is being manufactured at the same ratios as the original supply (IE way under on the 512s).

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Except by the time your phone comes in your trade-in will probably be worth less. A lot of them dropped in value specifically on Friday.

Mid-October is about the edge of what I'm willing to wait out. But from what some of the folks earlier in this thread have been saying, October may not even be enough to meet demand since the resupply is being manufactured at the same ratios as the original supply (IE way under on the 512s).

I asked about that and they said the promo trade in rates are locked in from when I pre-ordered...

I'm hoping that's the thruth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad