BestBuy: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone been to Best Buy today to see if there was any demos? I may check later today on my home. Going to my local mall and there is a AT&T store and I'll check there. It won't hurt to check while I'm in the mall.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone been to Best Buy today to see if there was any demos? I may check later today on my home. Going to my local mall and there is a AT&T store and I'll check there. It won't hurt to check while I'm in the mall.
I may try my local BBuy tonight. Will advise

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
So, question to the Verizon BOGO veterans... I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan Note 4. I'd like to find someone to partner with to do the BOGO. What's the best way to go about this, so that I get a phone available to pop my old SIM card into? The agreement says that the deal requires at least one new line or add-on.

Do I buy a new phone outright, and then find a buyer to sign up for a new line and get the other phone for $500/$625? Is it better to advertise on CL that I'm looking to find someone to piggyback on to get an unlocked phone?

Again, I don't buy phones often, so I would really appreciate the help from those more experienced to figure out how to work this.

Thanks!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So, question to the Verizon BOGO veterans... I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan Note 4. I'd like to find someone to partner with to do the BOGO. What's the best way to go about this, so that I get a phone available to pop my old SIM card into? The agreement says that the deal requires at least one new line or add-on.

Do I buy a new phone outright, and then find a buyer to sign up for a new line and get the other phone for $500/$625? Is it better to advertise on CL that I'm looking to find someone to piggyback on to get an unlocked phone?

Again, I don't buy phones often, so I would really appreciate the help from those more experienced to figure out how to work this.

Thanks!
You would have to add the line to the same account and keep if for 24 months as the credits would be in 24 monthly installments.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
You would have to add the line to the same account and keep if for 24 months as the credits would be in 24 monthly installments.

So, are you saying that both phones are required to buy 24-month subscriptions? You can't get one of them sold without a plan? I would like to keep my old plan, just put the SIM in newer hardware.

That's what I did when the Note 4 came out. Paid "retail", but then didn't have to sign a new agreement with Verizon. I imagined this BOGO worked as buying 2 "Retail" phones, but financed into the monthly bill.

So:

$2000 Upfront Cost, financed across 24 months = $84/mo
$1000 Credit, Financed across 24 months = -$42/mo
Plan for one Line = $80/mo
No New Plan for other phone, uses old $50 plan

Total = $84+$80-$42 = $122/mo for New Line
Line 2 = $50 old plan

Am I misunderstanding this?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So, are you saying that both phones are required to buy 24-month subscriptions? You can't get one of them sold without a plan? I would like to keep my old plan, just put the SIM in newer hardware.

That's what I did when the Note 4 came out. Paid "retail", but then didn't have to sign a new agreement with Verizon. I imagined this BOGO worked as buying 2 "Retail" phones, but financed into the monthly bill.

So:

Line 2 = $50 old plan

A lot has changed in the many years since the Note 4 came out.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

So:

Line 2 = $50 old plan

Correct. Has to be bought in installments. If you cancel either one of the lines before the 24 months you will lose the remaining credits that makes the Note free.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Has to be bought in installments. If you cancel either one of the lines before the 24 months you will lose the remaining credits that makes the Note free.

OK. Thanks. That makes it clear this isn't an option. I thought the credit would still be applied to the "primary" account, against the phone financing change.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Bought mine through Best Buy. Got a 10% discount due to being near my birthday too. So that pays for the tax. Got the 512gb version ocean blue coming.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine through Best Buy. Got a 10% discount due to being near my birthday too. So that pays for the tax. Got the 512gb version ocean blue coming.

did you get an unlocked one or did you do a carrier one?

I got the 10% bday discount as well and am trying to get to to stack with the $50 off using the ATT next plan but when it tries to verify my ATT account it just errors out saying my info doesn't match..right when the pre-sale started, I was getting another error (basically it said try again)...

I can put the phone in my cart and just pay the $1149 (after the discount) for the 512GB version (plus tax) with no problem...debating if the $50 savings using next is worth the hassle...1st world problems...LOL

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
How does the trade in program works of you buy from bestbuy? Do you give your old phone at the store? Thinking about getting the unlocked this time.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
did you get an unlocked one or did you do a carrier one?

I got the 10% bday discount as well and am trying to get to to stack with the $50 off using the ATT next plan but when it tries to verify my ATT account it just errors out saying my info doesn't match..right when the pre-sale started, I was getting another error (basically it said try again)...

I can put the phone in my cart and just pay the $1149 (after the discount) for the 512GB version (plus tax) with no problem...debating if the $50 savings using next is worth the hassle...1st world problems...LOL

I got the At&T version as I want to get the volte, WiFi calling, numbersync and visual voicemail to work. Bhphotovideo has the better deal but it’s unlocked.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Was leaning to the 128 until I saw Best Buy $100 off plus so credits I have with them would pay for the 512. Then I just checked the website and the 128 is still saying 8/24 but the 512 is saying 8/31. AARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Was leaning to the 128 until I saw Best Buy $100 off plus so credits I have with them would pay for the 512. Then I just checked the website and the 128 is still saying 8/24 but the 512 is saying 8/31. AARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I saw that as I had to pre-order yesterday. Makes me mad because I kept getting an error trying to add a line on bestbuys site when pre-orders went live. Verizon claimed it was because the phone was on backordered and hadn't released. Knew that was a lie but got off the phone with them. Tried again last night and no issue but now have a delivery date of 8/31 which I'll be out of time. Really hoping that's just a place holder as Verizon still shows release day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante